cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
graphicdesigner Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart d110a will not print labels correctly

I am trying to print labels and they will not align properly. I am printing from a pdf file which prints out perfectly aligned with regular paper but when one sheet of the label paper is loaded the printer begins printing too soon (no top margin) so the whole sheet is off. I have tried using scaling, diffent kinds of media and nothing stops it from printing too close to the top margin. I also tried printing directly from the program (InDesign CS5) rather than the pdf file but that had no effect either. I have had problems with this printer with margins on many occasions but this is impossible! Anyone able to help? Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

According to the product specs, this printer does not support label printing.  That's why you are having this problem, and there is no way of fixing it.  Sorry.

HP Photosmart e-All-in-One (D110a and D110b) Printers Product Specifications

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
graphicdesigner Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What I did to get around this was to place the pdf into a new Photoshop layer, moving it into the position so it would print correctly onto the labels and then make a new pdf from this. This is a work-around. Cannot imagine why someone would manufacture a printer unable to properly print labels.

Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's actually designed to not print labels at all.  It's awesome that you've found a workaround for this.  Great work.  🙂

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation