Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (16,881 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart premium c309g-m not scanning

I have an HP photosmart premium c309g-m all-in-one that I am trying to use wirelessly with my HP laptop that is running windows 7.  I can print wirelessly just fine but I cannot scan to my computer I have tried using the printer controls  as well as windows fax and scan.  It will allow me to scan from the printer to a memory card (although when I try to load the scanned jpeg from my memory card to my computer it shows as corrupted) but i cannot get it to scan to my computer. 

Tech support said it must be Norton 360 firewall but when I contacted Norton they turned off the firewall and it still wouldn't work and now tech support says I am a month out of warranty and won't help me unless I pay them and I am reluctant to pay to get the same answers I have been getting for 9 months now, so I thought perhaps someone here could save me some money and help me.  I am also tired of the pass the blame game of: oh it is qwest's fault, now it is windows 7's fault then it is norton's fault, I even had one tech tell me it was my fault as this printer cannot scan wirelessly but it has worked before on my old network. 

When I ran the scan diagnostic it says no scanners installed so we re-installed the software, updated the drivers but it still says the scan driver is corrupt or missing and it cannot update the driver.  When I run the network diagnostic utility it says no printers found on the network but yet the printer says no problems found and the network is setup correctly and I still have no problem printing wirelessly I just cannot scan.  Please help me!!!

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Photosmart premium c309g-m not scanning

If anyone else has this problem I finally solved it, (no thanks to HP tech support) here's how: 

I turned off my firewall then I reinstalled the software from the website (yet again) then I found this download for a software patch  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77751-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=4063&product=3793676&sw_lang=  (even though I never had Vista on this computer only windows 7 so I did not upgrade) after that I went to the start menu to HP, HP photosmart premium c309g and finished installing the software then rebooted and it worked.  Since then the only time I had an issue was when my computer shut itself down due to low battery and when I came back from the sleep mode my printer was offline and the scanner didn''t work so I rebooted and the printer and scanner worked perfectly!
Oh and I tried all the different diagnostic tools which did not help whatsoever.
View solution in context
Top Student
Message 2 of 4 (16,837 Views)

[ Edited ]

If anyone else has this problem I finally solved it, (no thanks to HP tech support) here's how: 

I turned off my firewall then I reinstalled the software from the website (yet again) then I found this download for a software patch  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77751-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...=  (even though I never had Vista on this computer only windows 7 so I did not upgrade) after that I went to the start menu to HP, HP photosmart premium c309g and finished installing the software then rebooted and it worked.  Since then the only time I had an issue was when my computer shut itself down due to low battery and when I came back from the sleep mode my printer was offline and the scanner didn''t work so I rebooted and the printer and scanner worked perfectly!
Oh and I tried all the different diagnostic tools which did not help whatsoever.
Student
Message 3 of 4 (8,326 Views)

There is no way to fix the problem ...Buy an other scan device, hp scan devices is the worst **bleep** on the market,,,but the printers are great!!!!!

Student
Message 4 of 4 (8,161 Views)

My scanner-printer-copier all-in one used to work on our local wireless network just fine.  Some event, perhaps an HP update, renamed my device from HP Photosmart Premium c309g-m at a given "address" to HPFECED (Photosmart Premium C309g-m) (Copy 1) at a different location address.  This is the only printing/scanning device on my computer and the printer works fine.  I've tried every HP support download/installation/suggestion possible.   Our wireless network is otherwise working fine.

I noticed that the scanner defaults to search for the originally-named device at the original location.  It cannot see the HPFECED device and I find no way to change the default search. 

Can anyone help me change the default setting for the scanner's device search?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation