Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium c309g
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

A small sprocket cog (1/4 ") fell from my HP c309g printer while printing and since then, it will not pull through any paper. I want to replace it myself.  Is there somewhere I can get a parts breakout so I can know which cog is missing? Or a site that shows how to disassemble the unit?  Is there a parts list? HP's new policies on repairs and trying to sell new products does a disservice to loyal HP customers. (I have three HP computers and 2 HP printers in use.)  I hate to junk what was an expensive printer with new ink cartridges over a tiny cog. If I have to buy something else, I will choose a product where I can get service at a reasonable cost or at least a parts list.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Consumer printers are replaced, if under warranty. No disassembly or service manuals are available for such products. If your product is still under warranty, kindly contact 1 800 474 6836.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

I am an HP employee, but the posts are my own. If my post helped you, kindly click the Thumbs Up, Accepted Solution buttons. Cheers!
HP Recommended

Massachusetts' legislature is contemplating passing a right to repair law that would apply to electronics. I am going to make certain that computer equipment and printers are covered in this legislation. It is absured that HP will not provide a parts list or other information to make even a simple repair on their equipment. I have purchased my last HP anything and will seek a company that has a decent customer service department and values their customers' loyalty. I will junk the printer in question and sell the surplus ink I bought on Ebay. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.