Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet 1217 nfw mfp
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have run Print and Scan doctor on one of our office desktops and it works fine everytime. On another of our desktops, same model, same OS. I cannot get it to run. I have followed all the advice about removing the current installation and downloading and installing the latest version but nothing works.  I see the extracting screen for a few seconds then the revolving circle and then nothing.  The only thing I can think of is I ran it the first time from a USB flash drive. Could that be the problem?

Thanks for any help you can give. I need to use my scanner. It is a 1217 nfw mfp.

Ron

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rongreenbank,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are facing issues with the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

You need to download the HP Print scan doctor from the link:  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I saw your answer on my laptop at home. I downloaded the program and tried to run it on  my laptop. It will not run from my laptop now. I get as far as  this program would like to make changes screen then it simply quits.  I have my antivirus turned and firewall turned off.  Using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit.  Do you have any more suggestions?

Ron

HP Recommended

@Rongreenbank
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

As we have tried all the possible solutions for this issue, please contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.