cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ameetp
Level 2
2 1 1 6
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Printer Assistant for HP Deskjet 3510 Series won't open

1. Product Name and Number
     • HP Deskjet 3510 Series CZ044A and serial number is CN2AU1PGSK05R7
  2. Operating System installed (if applicable) - Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium

3. Error message (if any)
When trying to open HP Printer Assistant, I get the following error messages:

hp error 1.jpg

hp error 2.jpg

hp error 3.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. I have already uninstalled all HP software, downloaded the latest drivers and software from the website and re-installed. I still have the same problems.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,166
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It looks like your computer is searching for a couple of missing .hta files. All you should have to do is get those files and put them in the right spot. I'll instructions on how to put them in the right spot.  To get the files to you I'll have to get in contact with you through a Private Message.  Below is a link that will show you how to use this forum feature if you are not familiar with it.

How To Send A Private Message – Video:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to/How-To-Send-A-Private-Message-Video/td-p/8...

1. Click on the Start menu.
2. Click on Computer.
3. Double-click on your C: drive to open it. Note: If the C: drive is not your default drive, open your default drive.
4. Double-click on Program Files to open the folder.
5. Open the HP folder.
6. Open the 8600 folder.
7. Open the bin folder.
8. Paste the HPSolutionsPortal.hta and the HPSPProgress.hta files into the bin folder.
9. Try scanning now.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ameetp
Level 2
2 1 1 6
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This was the solution given to me by another HP technical support agent:

Issue 1:        Solution Center Lite opens in notepad with html codes

Or

Solution Center Lite opens Blank with Script Error or Json Error

Issue:
When user click on HP Printer Assistant (HP Solution Center lite) on the desktop, it opens in notepad with html codes. (Screenshot below)

Or

When user click on HP Printer Assistant (HP Solution Center lite) on the desktop, you get Script error and Solution Center Lite is Bank (Screenshot below)

Root Cause:

An associated default program to open this file has been incorrectly set.

Solution:

1. Take full registry backup
  2. Copy the content in the next point and paste in notepad

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.hta]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.hta]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.hta]

"PerceivedType"="text"

@="htafile"

"Content Type"="application/hta"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.hta\PersistentHandler]

@="{eec97550-47a9-11cf-b952-00aa0051fe20}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile]

"EditFlags"=dword:00100000

@="HTML Application"

"FriendlyTypeName"="@C:\\Windows\\System32\\mshta.exe,-6412"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\CLSID]

@="{3050f4d8-98B5-11CF-BB82-00AA00BDCE0B}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\DefaultIcon]

@="C:\\Windows\\System32\\mshta.exe,1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\Shell\Open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\Shell\Open\Command]

@="C:\\Windows\\System32\\mshta.exe \"%1\" %*"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.hta]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.hta\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.hta\OpenWithProgids]

"htafile"=hex(0):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.hta\UserChoice]

"Progid"="htafile"

4. Save Notepad as  “Fix_hta.reg” to desktop and close notepad
  5. Run or open “Fix_hta.reg”
  6. Click OK and Ok Again
  7. Check HP Printer Assistant

This worked for me.

Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,166
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Okay, so it was a file association problem. Interesting. Thank you for sharing the solution. This should help other people who have the same problem. 🙂  Kudos to you.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
jedrek_2004
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Nothing works ... 

Probably I need to clean my system completely reinstall everything and then maybe ... it will work.

Probably some of my programs somehow interact with HP software.

0 Kudos
DJTroz
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This was the only fixed that worked for me! Thanks and gave kudos!!
0 Kudos
JoeRo
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Nope, this doesn't work on Windows 8.

0 Kudos
Hp8600-66
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The solution with the registry fix worked perfectly for me.

Running Windows 8-32 bit version.

Kudo's to the person who found the solution.

However, the 3 hours I spent trying to find a solution to this stupid problem is 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. HP should ensure their software installs properly from the outset, and if this is a common enough problem, make the solution easier to find than have it cryptically buried in a support forum.

[Content Removed]

0 Kudos
Testarudo
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Muchas Gracias.

La solución aportada ha funcionado correctamente para mi.

Deskjet 3520 All in one.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits
0 Kudos
JayDee47
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Could you please talk me through this solution?  I have been getting a similar problem.  When I open HP Solution Centre on my laptop (running Windows Vista Home Premium) and try to scan to file using my Photosmart 3210 All-in-one, I get the error message "an error occurred in the script on this page" and asking me if I wish to continue running the scripts on the page or not.  There is no other information in the error message and neither choosing to continue running scripts nor not has any effect.  When I clear this message the same message appears once more and then, when I clear this second message, it goes into an unusual screen, none of whose links have any effect.   Before this problem occurred, pressing 'scan' in the Solution Centre took me to a screen with various options for the scan and then produced a preview scan which allowed me to choose an area of the preview scan which I wished to have in the final scan file and then, when this scan had been carried out, allowed me to finish at this point and finalise the scan file, or add further scans to the same scan file.  With this new error, scanning is not possible, although I can copy with the Photosmart (which suggests the scan capability is still there) and going to Settings Status in the Solution Centre I get the message "Your HP Photosmart series 3210 is ready".  Other tests of the scanner also say that it is 'working'.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software (from an HP download as my original disc is for XP).  The Solution Centre is 74.000.017.000 dated 2006.   The problem seemed to occur after I accidentally pressed "Scan Film" instead of "Scan Document" and exited from this rather precipitously but this may just be a co-incidence.  I had many happy years using the Photosmart to perform scans before this very annoying problem started occurring!  

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation