cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cyclefitness
Level 2
22 15 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Printer Networking asking for username and password?

HP Recommended

I need to scan to network folder and it's asking for a username password. I don't know it.  So, I went to HP Solution Center and lo and behold ... it's asking me for a username and password.  Hmmm ... same one I don't know?  I wouldn't know 'cause I don't know it.

Can somebody help me out of this?  I'm pretty sure this is all my equipment in my home in my bedroom.  How do you turn these passwords off?  Oh, need to know the password.

Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
Cyclefitness
Author
Level 2
22 15 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The device is the HP Officejet Pro 8500.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Cyclefitness
Author
Level 2
22 15 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Now I can't print at all!!  Getting error message saying my printer is offline.  I've unchecked the "use Printer offline" from printers dialog, but nothing helps. Also tried rebotting.

I appreciate any help someone can offer!!!!

Herculean
Level 5
Level 5
311 311 10 71
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

When setting up Scan to Network Folder you will need to enter your username and password that you use when you first turn on your computer to login to Windows. This is required in order for Scan to Network Folder WIzard to successfully finish.

Assuming you are using Windows 7 or Vista, you will also need to turn on Network Discovery, File and Printer Sharing, and Public Folder Sharing in the Windows Network and Sharing Center.

Eeyore
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm unclear about what you mean by "HP printer networking".  May be totally off base, but one thought comes to mind, perhaps the logins for your wireless router?

apmcgreal
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Eeyore,

Thanks, the way the mlogin dialog is worded gives no clue that it is your router account details.

Worked for me so thanks for the insight.

A.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation