cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
IamAu Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Printer drivers crash my notebook (blue screen)

It works!!!! Thanks a million. I actually contacted Dell, and they told me to return the printer - -"

0 Kudos
IamAu Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OK... It was a fluke. After I turned off the computer and the printer, then turned them on again. They couldn't connect, my computer couldn't find the printer wireless network. SO, I hold down the wireless button and the cancel button to reset the printer wireless network again, only then did my computer can detect the printer network. Also, if I want to print, I have to disconnect from my current wireless network to connect to the HP-Setup network. It's very annoying. Any solution? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
25,213 24,838 4,472 9,601
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

First, to clarify - you did not see any BSOD since then. right?

That means we been able to overcome the major issue however it seems as the wireless connection to your network didn't went well but the printer remained connected with your PC..

Let's try the following steps to bypass this issue by using a different approach to configure the wireless connection:

Restore the network defaults once again and connect the PC to your Mac:

1. Reset the network settings by pressing and holding the Wireless and the cancel buttons. Keep the buttons pressed for three seconds.
  2. Turn the printer Off and back On.
  3. From your PC, click the network icon on the taskbar and connect to the printer which included 6600 within its network name.
  4. After two - three minutes (In order to fully establish the connection) print a network configuration by pressing both the Wireless and Resume buttons simultanly.
  5. Locate the IP address (Should begin with 169.254) and type it into the web browser. The EWS page appears
  6. Enter the Network tab and click Wireless Setup Wizard (Under the Wireless section).
  7. Follow the steps to establish the network connection with your router.
  8. Once completing the steps. print another network report as listed on step 4 and locate the IP which should be different now.
  9. Click the Wireless icon of your PC and reconnect it to the router, now both of the devices should be connected to the router and the current IP address should be accessible from your browser.
  10. Under All Programs > HP > HP Officejet 6600.> try following the Update IP Address link and provide the current address.
  11. If this option fails or not available select the Printer Setup & Software and follow  the Connect a new printer option to finally configure the device over your network.

Please let me know of any problem,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
IamAu Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi. Yes, I don't see any BSOD anymore. That's one good thing. I printed the reports, the Configuration Page was as the following:

Network Status-Offline

Active Connection Type-None

Status-Disconnected

Communication mode-Infrastructure

Network Name-Not Set

And from the Network Test Results:

Wireless On-Pass

Wireless working-Pass

Signal Quality-Not run

Connectivity-Not run

Network Name(SSID) Found -Fail

Network Name(SSID) -Not Set

IP Address-Not Applicable

Communication Mode-Infrastructure

So I couldn't follow your instruction.

I think it's because when I connected my computer to HPSetup network, both the printer and my computer wasn't connect to any other wireless network, they just connect to each other.

When I install the driver the last time, when the program asked me to choose the network I want to connect to I chose the HP Setup network, is that the problem? (It was the only choice I have. No other network showed up then.)

For your information, I use the university wireless network. The security type was WPA2-Enterprise, network authentication method was PEAP.

I think I found someone who had the same problem with me here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080822185023AASKHue, could you check that out?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
25,213 24,838 4,472 9,601
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

The discussed link indeed deal with the same problem but the suggested resolution is exactly as Suggested below.

Good you added the wireless security information, actually this is the reason the printer fails connectiing to the network network. Any HP printer supports WEP, WPA or WPA2 security, any WPA-Enterprise security tupe is not supported and the printer will fail to connect....

Is there any way to connect the printer using an Ethernet cable?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
IamAu Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I don't have any access to Ethernet, so that option's out. Well...at least now I know what's the cause of all these problems. I don't need to waste so much time trying to fix it anymore. Thank you so much for all your help and patience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GaticaFixIt Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Shlomil,

Just wanted to thank you for the perfect post.  I'd been testing 2 64-bit thinkpads for a week trying to figure out what was causing the intermittent BSOD.  I came across your concise and accurate assessment that the OJ 6100 printer is not compatible with the USB 3.0 ports and everything fell into place.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation