cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DRgn83 Tutor
Tutor
21 13 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Products that appear in HP Support Assistant Windows 7

HP Officejet J4580
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I accessed my desktop HP Support Assistant today and it still shows the printer (HP Officejet J4580) that I have uninstalled because it was replaced with a different printer (my husband bought me one). Is there anyway this printer can be removed from HP Support Assistant?MY PRODUCTS IN HP SUPPORT ASST.PNG

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,308 3,773 305 583
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Products that appear in HP Support Assistant Windows 7

Hi @DRgn83,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you replaced your old HP Officejet J4580 Printer. and would like it  completely removed from your computer  I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

We will need to remove all instances of the print driver from your computer. 

First, please ensure that your Windows Updates are up-to-date. 

Uninstall the printer software (if installed):

1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
  2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall. Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it, but many simply offer the option to uninstall. To change a program, click Change or Repair.  Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Source

Check the connections in the Device Manager for any printer entries. How do I get into Windows Device Manager?

1. Under Printers or Universal Serial Bus Controllers look for USB Printing Support or anything with a yellow exclamation mark for a mass storage device or unknown device.
  2. Right-click and uninstall the device. 
  3. Then disconnect the USB cable (if connected). 

To completely remove the HP Officejet J4580 installed on the computer, follow these steps:

1. On your computer open the Start screen by selecting the Windows icon on the bottom-left corner of the computer screen or by selecting the Windows key on the bottom-left of your keyboard.
  2. Under the Start screen type Devices and Printers. 
  3. Click Devices and Printers to open the window.
  4. Right-click on the HP Officejet J4580 Printer.
  5. First, delete any jobs waiting to be printed by selecting Delete print queue and than click OK.
  6. Right-click on the printer again and click Remove Device and click Yes.
  7. Repeat the same action for any duplicate printer entries.
  8. Now, left-click on Print server properties along the top menu.
  9. In the Print server properties window select the Drivers tab. 
  10. Left-click on the Printer in the list and click Remove...
  11. Left-click Remove driver only (you need the driver package) and then click OK. 
  12. Click Yes to confirm.
  13. On the next screen click Delete to remove the driver and then click OK.
  14. Repeat the same steps for all duplicates. 
  15. Once you have removed the duplicates, click Close on the Print server properties Window.

This should remove all duplicate entries installed for the printer.

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation