Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
brylyn1979 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Psc 1200 all in one series cartridge error

Hi,

Today after printing several pages I needed to put in a new black cartridge, so I did.

Then after a few more pages I got the 'check cartridges' error.

I've removed and put them back many times, followed the instructions about unplugging and everything, but I still get that same message.

I even put in a new color cartridge as well, but still it doesn't work.

What else can I try?

If I have to buy a new printer, I have several cartridges left. Does anyone know if I can use the 56 and 57 cartridges in any other printer?

Thanks for any help.

Nicole

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4641 367 871
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Psc 1200 all in one series cartridge error

I would take a look at the document below.  The steps on cleaning the cartridge contacts may be helpful.  I am including a link so that you check printers that use Hp 56 just select Compatible Printers.

Hp 56

Check Print Cartridge

0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation