cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
xygtho3 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Q6001A Toner cartridge leaking Warranty?

I have a genuine HP Cyan cartridge Q 6001A which seems to be spitting out toner on the the paper. It is also leaving a streak of blue toner on the LH side of the film roller. How long does HP warrant the cartridges for? I bought the printer from a friend who went back home from Bangkok where he was on assignment so I don't have a receipt but I have the printer report saying that it still 85% full. Would there be anywhere in Bangkok where HP would be able to look at it and hopefully replace it?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
PhD Student
PhD Student
770 768 55 151
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a warranty date on both the box and the cartridge that will tell you the warranty experation date

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
0 Kudos
xygtho3 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. However, I no longer have a box and could not see where the date was located on the cartridge itself. Can you help me with this? Also, what is the specified warranty period and would there be any opportunity for exptended warranty (in case it is out) given it is still 85% full? Thanks

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
770 768 55 151
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did some research into toner cartridges (I deal mostly with ink jets) but your toner cartridge is in warranty what I would do is call out support number and explain the issue 800-474-6836

I was an HP employee

0 Kudos
xygtho3 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks again. I am in Thailand. Should I still call this number or is there a different number I should call here for assistance? Cheers

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
770 768 55 151
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For Thailand support here are the numbers.

Primary: +65 6622 1426
(HP Software call taking is offered in English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean)

Secondary: +66 2 353 9199
(08:30-17:30 Monday to Friday)

+66 2 353 9199 ext. 2 (After Hours)

I was an HP employee

0 Kudos
xygtho3 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks again for the info. I will try them tomorrow morning. However, I am curious as to how you know the cartridge is still in warranty without me having a date?

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
770 768 55 151
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I contacted our ink team and was told that the warranty on a ink toner cartridge is the life of the cartridge.  So if it still has ink and is not performing properly is should be under warranty.

I was an HP employee

0 Kudos
xygtho3 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Best news I have had all day. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rwernst Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I realize this is an old thread that I found since my cyan toner is apparently malfunctioning (streak on one side of paper), but that number, while a good number, will get you nowhere in getting ahold of folks who can help you get a replacement for an HP toner cartridge.

I've just spend 55 min on the phone, going round and round, menus, people, people referring me to other numbers, and got disconnected once, but found this out:

If you don't have the receipt for your toner cartridge, you can't get a replacement from HP.  Period.

What home user keeps the receipt for toner?  Not me, so I'm SOL

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation