Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
WilliamHood Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP R80xi won't print via Windows 7

HP Officejet R80xi All-in-One Printer will not print, even with proper drivers installed

I have hooked up my HP OfficeJet R80xi printer to my Lenovo ThinkPad that uses Windows 7, and downloaded the proper driver from the web per instructions. However my printer will not print. What to do?

6 REPLIES
Professor
Professor
1792 82 285
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi WilliamHood,

Are you receiving any specfic errors on the printer or computer?

If not, does the job enter the print queue?
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :)

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good questions, and thanks. The message I tried to send from my laptop running Windows 7 to my old HP OfficeJet R80xi printer did enter the print queue, but there were no error messages on either the printer or laptop screen.

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1792 82 285
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may want to try running the HP print and scan doctor.

Here is an article related to this issue on this printer:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02205477

Expand the section for Windows 7 and there will be a fairly sizable guide for troubleshooting the problem. The print and scan doctor is located within and will search for communication issues between the products but I would still look into the other steps that are available.

Hope this helps!

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :)

Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Useful information.  I am just beginning to digest your reply, so it may take some time to find the solution.

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1792 82 285
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did this resolve the issue for you? :)

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem not solved yet.  Still working on it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation