Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPEnvy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the deal with the size of PDF files? I refuse to believe that a 6 page black and white typed document can't be any smaller than 6.7 MB.

I scanned it at 200 dpi, at 150 dpi. The quality went down but the file size stayed the same.

I scanned it at Low, Medium, and High Compression and the file size stayed the same.

The app only gives me the options to scan in Color or Gray. Where is the black and white option?

What is the problem????

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

We'd suggest that you try to scan using the HP Scan software that comes with the FULL feature software.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Click on the Printer icon on the desktop and start the HP Printer Assistant > Scan > Scan a Document or Photo > Save as PDF > Scan

For more scanning tips, click here.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I would love to be able to tell you if this worked or not but it says "Unsuccessful network installation" and the 20 "solutions" I have tried have cost me hours and have not worked.

HP Recommended

Now when I click on the link you provided it does not take me to the downloads, it wants me to install the remote printer app. 

Is this a new solution?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP AiO Remote has the HP Scan and Capture which you are using.

Here's the link for the FULL feature software for your printer (Win 10-64bit)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-7640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617267

Please select the FULL feature software, download and install it.

Thereafter. click on the HP Printer icon after installation and it will start the HP Printer Assistant.

Go to Scan and select "Scan a document or photo" > Save as PDF and scan.

For more scanning tips, click here.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

The full feature software won't install under Win10.  It doesn't recognize my printer connected directly via USB, nor on the network using IP or MAC address.  Using the Scan and Capture program, when I open a pdf at 100% size, it's huge.  No wonder the file sizes are so large, I have to scale them down to 33% to view a full page in a window. 

When is HP going to release a fix for this bug?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.