cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PiiS Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ScanJet G4050 Software Error

ScanJet G4050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

recently I am having problem with the following product: HP ScanJet G4050.

When scanning negatives, the software crash with the following error 4,[(3,46,0)].

I tried to follow all the steps provided without success (restart of both pc and scanner, reinstall).

The software version in use is 14.5.1 with Windows 10 64 bit.

Any helps?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
admined4u Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ScanJet G4050 Software Error

Good luck with this.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro (64bit) with all the latest MS updates.  My HP Scanjet G4050 currently works just fine with all my MS and 3rd Party applications.

HOWEVER: I have, UNFORTUNATELY, been unable to get HP Photosmart Full Feature Software (any version) to run and using HP's Scan Doctor to diagnose the issue isn't much help.  This leaves my without the benefit of using the scanner buttons and/or the slide/transparency adapter...a real bummer!

Even though HP Scan Doctor runs the scanner, it hangs up on "HP Twain Scan" and suggest "reinstalling" the Full Feature software from the HP website...which I've done several times.  I've also tried installing the Full Feature software in "XP Compatibility Mode"...no help.

Even though HP Photosmart shows it successfully installed, trying to open it shows "A required software component was not found or was improperly installed.  Reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the device and try scanning again."  Yes, I've tried the original disk and "yes" I've made sure to download the correct (64bit) edition of the new software and "yes" I've given up!!

Hope you have better success.  This is just one of many reasons for me to shy away from HP when making additional purchases.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation