cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lofty24 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Scanjet 4200c operating system XP

The scanner is connected okay and I have tried un-installing and then re-installing but get a fatal error message and digital signature not found a further message is displayed cannot find your scanner!

Expert advice required.

Lofty24

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
25,069 24,702 4,450 9,524
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Lofty24,

First, please verify the Driver Signing configuration:

Enter Control Panel > System.

On the Hardware tab, click Driver Signing.

Under File signature verification, select Ignore to allow all device drivers to be installed on this computer, regardless of whether they have a digital signature.

click Apply setting as system default and accept.

During the installation, you may see a message about "Digital Signature Not Found". You must select "Continue" for the software to install correctly.

Please let me know of any progress,

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
lofty24 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear HP Student

I very much appreciate you advice concerning the digital signature, which I have followed. I then re-installed the XP software but am still getting the 'scanner not found' message.  In addition, the scanner remains silent and does not appear to boot up with the computer. Further help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Lofty24

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
25,069 24,702 4,450 9,524
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Lofty24,

As the software been reinstalled, it seems more likely a communication issue than a software problem.

Please try connecting the usb cable into a different USB port at the back of your computer, then check for any change.

Make sure the USB is directly connected to your PC, and not through any USB hub or extention which may reduce the power voltage.

If there is still no change, i would recomment you to try and buy a new USB 2.0 cable, no longer than 2m length and then try scanning again.

Please let me know of any progress.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
lofty24 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear PhD Student

Thank you very much for responding to my problem - I tried connecting to a different USB port and with a new lead but the scanner did not respond or wake-up! Before I have seen a message displayed 'new hardware found' but this has not occurred this time. Previously when the scanner was operating I was very pleased with the results - given the current problem has the scanner now reached the end of the road? 

Kind regards

lofty24 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation