Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 6 (5,837 Views)

HP Scanjet 4470c not compatible with Windows Vista 64 bit

I tried downloading drivers for my HP Scanjet 4470c so I can use it with my new HP Pavilion Computer which has Windows Vista 64 bit Software.  Only to find out that there are no drvers available.  WHY??  What am I supposed to do, replace my scanner?  Not with an HP if drivers aren't available.  Disappointed in HP.
Honor Student
Message 2 of 6 (5,826 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet 4470c not compatible with Windows Vista 64 bit

HP Sales told me the same thing, but I don't know if I believe her. She said that my HP Lasarjet 3200 is outdated and will not work

with my new computer, and Vista.  I paid $1200.00 for this HP lasar printer 8 years ago and it worked great without any problems. It is

a printer, scanner, copier, & fax.  It has been used for a total of about 8 hours and still has the original toner cartridge. We bought it for

business and only used it to print a few invoices. Then 9/11 happened and our business went under, so it was not used again.

8 years later I am unemployed and want to start a new business, so I bought a new computer and the HP will not work. Their is not

a USB connection on my Gateway that will accept the cable from the HP.  If I could somehow find an adaptor, I have read in the forums

that there is not a driver for Vista.

Am I to give up and loose hope that I can still use my expensive lasar all-in-one, or is there hope?

Anyone?

I appreciate anything that anyone can share about this situation.

Student
Message 3 of 6 (5,031 Views)

I have an 8 year old scanjet 4470c that is in perfect condition and just realized it is not compatible with my Dell Inspiron 9400 with Vista.  I checked HPs site and it appears they still not have a Vista driver for this device...can you confirm, or is there something out there that works?  Was thinking of upgrading to Windows 7 but seems it's having the same problem.  How much work is involved in having HP produce these drivers?  I know they've done it for other devices - why not this one?  I'd really like to be able to use my scanner.  I t does tend to turn you off HP when they don't keep the drivers up-to-date with OS...mind you, maybe they don't get a lot of heads up when the OS changes...so I'm asking HP - could you please add this driver to your new solutions?  Thx

Student
Message 4 of 6 (4,682 Views)

I am absolutely INCENSED at HP for not having drivers for Windows 7 (32 or 64bit) as well as Vista. There is NO excuse for this except that HP wants you to buy NEW equipment! I for one am NEVER going to buy another HP product  until the ONES I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT are supported in the new operating systems. I advise everyone who reads this to do the same. Smiley Mad

Intern
Message 5 of 6 (4,240 Views)

Hi ,

If you look here , there are tricks and solutions to make the scanner work in Vista/W7 mode . I succeeded to make mine work in WIA : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Vista-compatable-driver-for-HP-scanjet-4...

Good luck !

Regards ,

Fanaudi

Intern
Message 6 of 6 (4,148 Views)

Have Win XP install disk ? You can download VMware Player http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

and install virtual Windows XP on your W 7 HDD . Easy and harmless to your basic OS ( Vista / Win 7 ) . Worked fine for me anyway .

Fanaudi .:smileywink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation