cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Scanjet Enterprise 8500 fn1 web interface error

HP Recommended

firmware: 2201075_229194

When using the web interface of the scanjet 8500, I click on the General tab and get the following error:

"An unexpected error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again."

"An unknown error has occurred on this page and has been logged. We apologize for the convenience."

"This is likely due to an error in page functionality. Try the links provided to return to a functional page."

Some of the links do work however, the system is unusable to me in its current state.

I updated the firmware in hopes that it would fix the issue, it did not.

I have done a factory reset which proved useless.

The event logs provide these errors:

event: 49.03.0C FW: 2201075_229194 Description: Job framework internal error

event: 44.A0.31 FW: 2200648_228389 Description: Operation not properly sequenced

Nothing else has been logged since the Firmware upgrade, days ago

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally was able to get a hold of someone at HP. I still don't know what caused the error, but more importantly they were able to reset the scanner to give me full functionality to the web page.

1) Restart the scanner

2) While the scanner is restarting, hit esc on the keyboard repeatedly

3) Highlight "Administrator", hit Enter

4) Highlight "Partial Clean", hit Enter 

5) Hit Enter again to Accept the partial clean

6) Hit the "B" key to take you back to the main menu

7) Highlight "Continue", Hit Enter

This restarted the scanner after a few minutes and I was able to get full access to the web interface. I should point out that the network settings didn't change which was very convenient.

Highlighted
Level 2
11 8 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Had the same problem on a 8500 fn1 with firmware 2305076_518479. Following your directions fixed the problem. Thanks for posting and sharing!

(Tip: If you can backup your scanner settings before doing the solution I recommend it. The solution will do a partial factory reset and you can lose a lot of settings that are configured on the scanner!)

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation