cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Scanjet G3110 - Scan Images with Yellow Tint

HP Recommended

I have purchased a new scanner HP Scanjet G3110. 

In color scan, it scan all the images with Yellow Tint. 

Please help, if anybody knows how to resolve this error. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
3,707 4,118 239 423
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello MustansirAli,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your scan images have a yellow tint using the Scanjet G3110. I will do my best to assist you! I would recommend following this entire HP document on Scanned Images with Blue Tint.

I know this document is referring to a blue tint, but the steps will be the same. Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a great night! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already seen this documents but it doesn't help. 

I had given scanner to shop where i purchased, they solve the problem. 

1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MustansirAli wrote:

I have already seen this documents but it doesn't help. 

I had given scanner to shop where i purchased, they solve the problem. 

i just bought my HP Scanjet G3110 photo scanner too 4/12/2014 and I also have the blue tint problem. Could you please explain what your local shop did to correct this problem?

The document mentioned abve was no help for me either. Also I found a file on the HP support site that claimed it was to correct this problem but when I tried to install it a message came up saying it wasn't needed. Here's the link page http://goo.gl/hOLiYI choose updates or this link directly to the file. http://goo.gl/rjKRDd 

This is the text which to my mind proves this is not a loose lid issue, why make a software patch for it?:

"This patch fixes an issue where a blue or grey tint is seen in the background of documents scanned in black & white, color or grayscale from the glass when using HP Solution Center v13.0."

The problem is this tint shows up over color photos, paper receipts with few colors at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because it appears we're on our own unless we pay for premium techsupport to actually talk to a technician.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation