Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dcogs Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile and Windows 8 - supported, but not working!!!

Trying to get my HP Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile Scanner ( Model L2722A ) to work with Windows 8 Pro.

hp.com/support lists the Scanjet 1000 Mobile as supported Windows 8, but I can't get it to work.

I've tried using the original CD that came with the unit, and the downloaded driver and software available at hp.com/support, to no avail.   Both PaperPort 12.1 (from Nuance)  and FileCenter Pro 7 (from Lucion) show the scanner in their selection lists, but when scanning is started I get a dialog box that says "Error Code 2023 - Operation system return error". 

The really weird part is that the scanner DOES WORK with the Microsoft Fax and Scanning application, but when the scan is initiatied there is a delay of about 60 seconds before the scanner starts feeding paper.  Other than that, the operation proceeds without error. 

BTW - this is 64-bitWindows 8 Pro!

I have two (2) of these scanners (one at home, one at the office), and they work GREAT, but right now this is the only issue that keeps me from moving to Windows 8 Pro. 

Anybody found a way to make this work??

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Pmeenak Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile and Windows 8 - supported, but not working!!!

Last week  I purchased a new HP Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile Scanner.  I am using 64 bit - Windows 8 Pro.  I am having the same issue which you mentioned.  Could anyone help me to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
dcogs Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The short answer is "No".

I emailed HP support about this problem.   The reply, which took me a while to discern due to the prro grammer and broken English, essentially told me that "there is no softwares for window 8 for this scanner".

That answer is in spite of the fact that:

1.  This page on hp.com/support (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c03408379) says that the ScanJet 1000 Mobile is supported on Windows 8, and;

2.  This page on the HP Products site (http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/WW-USSMBPublicStore-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProdu...= , on the "Specifications" tab) lists Windows 8 as a supported platform

Until HP delivers a Windows 8 compatible driver, we're out of luck. 

Oh well - I thnk I like Window 7 better any how!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation