Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 13 (6,913 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Scanning Problem!

Hello, I have had an issue with my HP printer scanning feature. I have an HP Deskjet F4400 series, and I bought it less than 2 weeks ago. When I scan a picture, document, etc. I have the file sent to a folder in my documents. When I go to open that folder, the scanned file is not there. Then, I went back and scanned it another 2 times, and the file is not there. I even tried changing the scanned file location to my desktop but it stil is not there. I even tried uninstalling the HP printer software and reinstalling it, and scanning again, but I still can't find the file. Any suggestions? Please help, I spent the last 3 hours trying to figure it out and nothing good turned out.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Scanning Problem!

hi,

I believe this supported document will help address your scanning problem, please click here.

Hope that would help you! Smiley Happy

View solution in context
Student
Message 2 of 13 (6,887 Views)

I have the same problem, with a C4180, after installation of the latest drivers for Windows 7

It says scanning to user/documents/Mijn Scans but nothing is found. I am also unable to change the default location in the scanning software, the selection list is blank. Files just disappear in the blue...

Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 13 (6,901 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi,

I believe this supported document will help address your scanning problem, please click here.

Hope that would help you! Smiley Happy

Kiko
Honor Student
Message 4 of 13 (6,814 Views)

It worked! Thank you. I spent about 2 hours trying to fix it. Thank you so much.

Student
Message 5 of 13 (6,686 Views)

Kiko,

I am go glad you supplied this solution. I just upgraded to Win 7 and upgraded the HP Solutions Center. Scans went into the ether. Your solution saved me a lot of time!

Regards,

Glenda

Honor Student
Message 6 of 13 (6,596 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem with Office Jet Pro L7580/Windows 7 32-bit. Tried to install the patch, but installation fails.Cannot scan to file (I get no errors and everything appears to be working, but in the end no file is ever saved anywhere).

Do you have any suggestions?

EDIT: I do appear to be able to scan to PDF from withing Acrobat Professional - but HP Scanning software still will not work.

Master's Graduate
Message 7 of 13 (6,387 Views)

hi clemdia,

Is your computer's operating system an upgrade from vista to windows 7?! Try to install the software patch if your operating system is an upgrade to windows 7. Click here

Kiko
Honor Student
Message 8 of 13 (6,374 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply - in fact, I did upgrade from Vista to W7. Installed the patch you recommended but the problem persists. I can preview scan and "Finish" without any signs of an error, but the scan files never get saved.

Note that I can scan to file if I launch hpiscnapp.exe directly, or if I do it from another app (e.g., "create a pdf from scanner" in Acrobat Pro).

Probably worth noting is that I also get a Flash error when I launch the HP Solution Center:

TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter text must be non-null.
    at flash.text::TextField/set text()
    at src.BannerWindow::GenericBannerWnd/IsSmallerFontReq()
    at MethodInfo-8268()
    at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
    at mx.binding::Binding/wrapFunctionCall()
    at mx.binding::Binding/innerExecute()
    at mx.binding::Binding/execute()
    at mx.binding::Binding/watcherFired()
    at mx.binding::Watcher/notifyListeners()
    at mx.binding::PropertyWatcher/eventHandler()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
    at src.BannerWindow::GenericBannerWnd/set _stxOfferDes()
    at src.BannerWindow::GenericBannerWnd/set OfferDes()
    at MethodInfo-6715()
    at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::call()
    at mx.binding::Binding/innerExecute()
    at mx.binding::Binding/execute()
    at mx.binding::Binding/watcherFired()
    at mx.binding::Watcher/notifyListeners()
    at mx.binding::PropertyWatcher/eventHandler()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
    at SCMain/set globalData()
    at SCMain/LoadExtendedInfo()
    at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/_callIn()
    at <anonymous>()

Any ideas?

Honor Student
Message 9 of 13 (5,548 Views)

Yes, that worked for my problem. Thanks for that.

L7580  //  Win 7 Ultimate - 64 bit 

Upgraded from Vista Ultimate - BUT - my scanner was working fine AFTER the upgrade to Win 7

It only stopped working AFTER I downloaded and installed that 337.8MB FULL software update from HP on Feb. 24th.

The other thing is, now we have to put up with MORE HP advertising on the HP Solution Center window - MUST WE HAVE this advertising everywhere.  I'm all for business but did we need a bigger Solution Center window to allow for bigger HP advertising fonts???

Honor Student
Message 10 of 13 (5,545 Views)

If you're still checking this post, update your Flash and Adobe and then if you have the patience, re-install the 337MB software update.

Sometimes, I want to throw all my HP stuff away and just go back to paper with all the headaches, but, what're ya gonna do...

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation