cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OpaatjeGait
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Smart Web Printing & Firefox 3.6

Does anyone have an idea when the new version of Smart Web Printing compatible

with Firefox 3.6 will be ready?

Many Thanks!!!

O.G.

0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
thunderrooster
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 2 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to know the same thing.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
nunorosa33
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Me too!

I think it's an excellent tool.

If HP can not ensure the development, they should release the code to the open source community.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
walhuber
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

also my Version 4.6 of  HP Smart Web Printing is not compatible.

i expect as well the best way may be to release the SourceCode to the comunity,

to get it fixed in an shorter time.

also some new Products from HP where shiped with not working Software for WIN 7,

even if it was written to be compatible, only parts of the software are tested...

there seems to be QA leak within the software distribution.

Lets hope to get an fix soon....

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
tijssens
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wonder if somebody from HP is monitoring this forum. It appears that hey are lacking as much responsiveness here as with their software.I just cannot believe that a multi billion company is so ...

Hello there... anybody listening?

Please hand over the code to the open source society!

Tags (1)
Alanedge
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Add my name to that list too. I guess it is because it is a multi-billion dollar company they can ignore everyone aswe still buy their products! Maybe we should try and boycott them?... :HalfEyes:

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Level 7 Miles
Level 7
461 413 35 130
Message 7 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

According to the Smart Web Printing (SWP) site, SWP v4.6 supports Internet Explorer version 6, 7 and 8, and Firefox v3.5.  

Any changes to the browsers supported will be reflected on the  HP Smart Web Printing page given above.

I know this isn’t the answer you wanted to hear today. Sorry about that.

Miles
HP Employee
0 Kudos
romilstr29
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need the same thing as soon as possible

i think they don't care about their customers

:HalfEyes:

0 Kudos
freeze12
4 3 0 0
Message 9 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same pathetic response from HP as they dont care about their customers.Heck...look at the fiasco with HP Printers and Windows 7.HP had plenty of time to resolve these issues,HP just does not give a Rats As_!!! Ithink that HP needs to get rid of their current rat pack of so called software developers and hire some new ones that are capable of fixing these problems!!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
chucktr
Level 1
11 9 0 2
Message 10 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Shame on all of you.  Such complaining about something that is FREE.  I have used HP machines for years and I think that they are the best on the market.  Now stop and think.  Computer Operations, Requires Programs, Requires Coding, Interfacing to another Program Requires inside knowledge of that Program.  Changes to Firefox and Windows 7 are recent.  The "multi-million" dollar company HP needs to take care of their other responsibilities and in time will get around to the FREE ones... they always do.  On top of that, rumor has it, Microsoft is not sharing the info for Vista or Windows 7.  I believe that Firefox is open source and they will get around to it.  But please don't expect them to drop everything and correct a FREE program as soon as someone else makes a change.

No.  I am not an HP employee (wish I was).  Just a satisfied customer tired of hearing the complaints.

Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation