Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
11458 1149 2513
Message 1 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Solution Center Fails to launch/cannot open! (SOLUTION HERE)

Printers
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Reposting this on the "Print Drivers" Section.  Info updated 6 Jan 2016 <Time Zone : (UTC+08:00)>

Hi,

Wanted to share something a recent Windows 10 update messed up the HP Solution Center.

This issue is affecting more than just HP Solution Center.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3018915/microsoft-windows/win10-flash-patch-kb-3132372-breaks-skype...

solutions-center-incredimail-games.html

Apparently, after Windows installs  Windows 10  KB3132372 update, the Solution Center fails to launch.

Solution Fix: 

Please download and install the following update KB3133431 from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133431

Note This update is available through Windows Update only. (Automatic updates need to be turned on)

1. Click on the Start Button, select "Settings" and then select "Update & security"
  2. Under "Windows Update", select "Advanced options" 
  3. Under "Choose how updates are installed", select "Automatic (recommended) from the drop down menu.

Thanks!

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement.

**************************************************************************************

Extracted information on the latest update KB3133431

Summary
This update resolves a problem in which Adobe Flash Player does not load correctly in applications that are running in Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and that have Flash Player embedded. This problem occurs after security update 3132372 for Adobe Flash is installed on Windows 10.
  More information

Important

• If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you require before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
For more information, visit the following Adobe website: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
How to get and install the update

Windows Update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to turn on automatic updating, seeGet security updates automatically.

Note This update is available through Windows Update only.
I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
31 REPLIES
allbusiness Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 2 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This worked perfectly.  I figured it had to be something blocking it and the MS Update was it.  Thank you!

KoolinHolmes Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 3 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

However the HP AiO Remote Scan and Capture app does not properly support older Office Jet models, for instance the L7590.

MarshWalker Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unbelieveable! I search hours through dozens of forums for solutions to my tech problems. I came straight here, and got the answer that fixed my problem on the first try. This must be my lucky day. I won't bother to buy a lottery ticket, because I used it up with this!  ;-)

THANK YOU THANK YOU greenturtle for thoughtfully posting the exact, detailed, easy to follow directions to solve my problem.  So very kind of you to take the time.

0 Kudos
ColBrusko Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This issue could not be resolved thru this "Show or Hide Updates" tool. I've tried this a couple of times already and it does not detect Windows 10  KB3132372 update so I can hide it to prevent from being installed.

Any other help please?

thanks,

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 0 2
Message 6 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, that works, but I think my computer is set to automatically download ans install updates. So if it stops working will I keep having to uninstall this?

0 Kudos
KoolinHolmes Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 7 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, we have to watch for each update and then uninstall KB3132372.  HP has posted a Trouble Ticket with MS.  You'll know when MS fixes this because they will no longer install KB3132372.  It will be some other KB to fix the Flash vulnerability.  But you can be sure this horrible idea of mandatory updates is going to continue to cause incompatibility issues.

I'm thinking of writing a power shell script to run on WUS exit and automatically uninstall everything with a current date.

0 Kudos
Montalvo Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 8 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your solution didn't work for me.  My OJ Pro 8500 is connected via ethernet to my PC, a Win 7 upgraded to Win 10.  I can find the printer to print documents but the Solutions Center won't launch and the app from the Windows App Store lists my printer as not installed.

I've unintalled/reinstalled  the s/w per your instructions and uninstalled the MS update, all to no avail.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
taxman123 Tutor
Tutor
15 0 1
Message 9 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The uninstall update fix dod not work for me either and the Scan app will not detect my OfficeJet 4500 G510n-z - I can print wirelessly but still cannot open solution center so that I can scan - I can not find any other way to scan to pdf so far - and the hpiscnapp.exe will not launch - it states that a necessary file is missing or corrupt - my original install disc is long gone and cannot download witout error from HP even after deleting the MS upgrade. any more ideas?

0 Kudos
SammyS Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem solved!

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation