Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Printers
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Reposting this on the "Inkjet" Section.  Info updated 6 Jan 2016 <Time Zone : (UTC+08:00)>

Hi,  

Wanted to share something a recent Windows 10 update messed up the HP Solution Center.

This issue is affecting more than just HP Solution Center.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3018915/microsoft-windows/win10-flash-patch-kb-3132372-breaks-skype...

solutions-center-incredimail-games.html

Apparently, after Windows installs  Windows 10  KB3132372 update, the Solution Center fails to launch.

Solution Fix: 

Please download and install the following update KB3133431 from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133431

Note This update is available through Windows Update only. (Automatic updates need to be turned on)

1. Click on the Start Button, select "Settings" and then select "Update & security"
  2. Under "Windows Update", select "Advanced options" 
  3. Under "Choose how updates are installed", select "Automatic (recommended) from the drop down menu.

Thanks!

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement.

**************************************************************************************

Extracted information on the latest update KB3133431

Summary
This update resolves a problem in which Adobe Flash Player does not load correctly in applications that are running in Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and that have Flash Player embedded. This problem occurs after security update 3132372 for Adobe Flash is installed on Windows 10.
  More information

Important

• If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you require before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
For more information, visit the following Adobe website: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
How to get and install the update

Windows Update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to turn on automatic updating, seeGet security updates automatically.

Note This update is available through Windows Update only.
I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

The KB3133431 Windows update has already been installed and the issue still persist.

I went ahead and reinstalled the printer software and connected the device via USB, not as a network printer.  All the software features worked, including the HP Solution Center and scanner, when configuring the software for a USB printer connection. The scanner problem however persist when installing and configuring the software for a network device.

HP Recommended

Same issue on my side. KB3133431  is already installed. 

Any idea how to fix the issue to make the scanner works while being connected through ethernet? 

HP Recommended

Hi @Knight81 and @CatBug,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

Can you try this :

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let us know if that works.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank for your reply on this.  I was able to resolve launching the HP Solution as posted with my fix, see below. The issue I'm having now, with only one of three  of my desktop's, is not able to use the printer scanner when the printer is configured for a wired ethernet connection, it works just find when connected as UBS.

Downloading and simply installing the printer PS_AIO_07_C410_140_408-5.exe software didn't fix the issue.
Following are the steps I took to fix the HP C410a printer HP Solution Center issue on three PC's in my home network.

1. Disable driver signature enforcement

-right click the start menu
    -open command prompt (admin)
    -enter: BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks ON

2. Uninstall HP C410a printer drivers (do not delete the drivers)

-right click start menu again and click device manager
    -check Printer and printer Queue for problem printer device
    -uninstall the HP C410a drivers (do not delete the drivers)

3. Drilled down to the HP printer folder Start <-> HP <-> run HP Add device

4. Install device drivers

5. Enable driver signature enforcement

-right click the start menu
    -open command prompt (admin)
    -enter: BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks OFF

NOTE: If after uninstalling/re-installing the device printer and print queue drivers and the “installation is not complete” error message appears again when re-launching the HP Solution Center you must remove/uninstall the existing printer software and install the full feature software downlaoded from the HP Customer Support – Software and Driver WEB site:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp​-photosmart-premium-fax-e-all-in-one-printer-seri...

6. With the printer feature software installed you'll need to once again complete steps 1 through 5 as noted above.

HP Recommended

Hi @CatBug

Thanks for sharing what you did!

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried the procedure provided by CatBug but still the same issue.

My printer is OfficeJet 6310. I uninstalled (10 times) using Uninstall L4 and reinstalled the driver AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe. Installations always go smooth until the end.  But I still have the same issue when opening the HP Solution Center 140.0.18.23:  "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete".

When looking in "Installed updates", I don't see KB3132372. However I can see it was successfully installed in the updates history. Same behaviour for KB3133431. Strange... My OS is Windows 10 x64.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @Knight81

Have you tried downloading the HP Scan Extended?

Did that work?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi 

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Scan Extended is DIFFERENT from the HP Scan and Capture (within the HP AiO Remote apps)

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.