Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ISUMaddog Tutor
Tutor
3 1 1
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete

I have a new Windows 7 machine.  I'm using an HP Photosmart C6380 wireless printer.  The windows 7 software found the printer no problem the first time I tried to set it up for printing and it prints fine.  To be able to scan I needed to install the HP Solution Center software and this is where my headaches began.  It worked fine for a couple months or so, but then began erroring when I tried to scan.  Then a couple months or so ago I started getting the error message, "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete", whenever I tried to launch Solution Center.  I worked with an HP representative via chat to uninstall and reinstall the software and I was off and running again...for a couple of weeks!  Then same exact error message again!  Once again I uninstalled and reinstalled and it was working again...until yesterday!!!!  Same message again!  I've had HP printers for years and have been a fan...it is going to be my new boat anchor very soon if the software driver issues do not get resolved!

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and installing the Solution Center software from a download from HP's site for the latest version.  Unfortunately, the latest drivers are dated "2009-10-20 , Version:13.1.0" so I have very little confidence when I do my re-installs...just waiting for it to crash again after a week or two as I'm experiencing.

Help!

11 REPLIES
windrider42 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have this same issue except I have a HP Photosmart C510

Installed wirelessly on two different computers running Windows 7 Ultimate x64

The other issue we have is that our keyboard quits as well, then I reinstall the HP Photosmart C510 and it all works fine.

This is just the first time this has happened to us since we bought the Printer a couple weeks ago.

I used the drivers that came on disc. V14.5

0 Kudos
ldahling Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same problem after running for over a year just fine with it. Last good scan was a couple of weeks ago:

Windows XP SP3

IE8

Photosmart C6380

It prints fine, but I get this message when I try to start HP Solution Center. I updated from the CD like it said, but it didn't help.

I ran HP Update and downloaded a critical update that it indicated. It updated for over an hour without completing. No hard disk chattering or any indication that it was doing anything. I finally cancelled it, and it said it wasn't responding. Upon reboot, it said it was detecting a download/update. It didn't actually indicate that it was running anything, and I closed that window after several minutes.

I downloaded latest Adobe Flash Player. Didn't help. Reading thru this board has pretty much scared me from trying anything. I'm not a computer expert, I don't have hours or days to work on this, and it is fairly critical that I get my scanner back as soon as possible.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
greenmtbob Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem.  Have operated a desktop and laptop with my Photosmart premium c309g All-In-One for quite awhile with no problem.  I can still print with both, but find the same error message on the laptop whenever I try to open "Solution Center".  Downloaded new drivers and updates, but no solutions.  Gave up.....

0 Kudos
jalib Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution center has been working fine for years, now all of sudden I get this message.  I downloaded a complete new software and driver and no help.  The all-in-one shows it is connected to the network just fine.

0 Kudos
cgbalor Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here with a C310 wireless.

Could be interesting to hear if HP will some this problem or this will be the last HP product I buy after many years as a HP fan.

0 Kudos
gustaf Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. 2 PC Windows 7 64-bit and HP 6380 All-In-One worked very well. All of a suden I couldn´t open the program HP Solution Center. Error message: HP Lösningscenter progr startar ej.PNG is wrong as I have had a working installation before. The printer still works and I can get scanned copies if I use web-scanning but not as I am used to via Solution Center. I have tried reinstallation a couple of times without success. I am very tired of this problem and all the time I have lost to get a solution and still haven´t had any success.

I would be glad if anyone have a solution!!!

0 Kudos
hplonglonguser Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem...use HP SC for more than 5 years and it stopped functioning a few days ago.  I recovered the old CD from storage and installed it in two PCs...A very old PC works but my main PC does not work...tried many alternatives but the issue remained the same.

Now, I have completed the installation and created the shortcut at my desktop but it does not respond to my double-click.

Why no one can reply to our questions? Is it a world-wide crush for HP printers? I guess it may due to a crush with Window or uninstalling a second printer, ie, the Brother band.  I had a Brother at work and I had uninstalled it after I left my job.  I am not sure if the problem is created by it.

0 Kudos
sherwindu Tutor
Tutor
23 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Aren't you people looking at my suggestion for getting around this?  It requires an extensive cleaning of HP software.  Check

my postings on other threads.

Sherwin

0 Kudos
ptbrunet Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hints:

1) This only happens on W7

2) This only happens when HP Update updates after an initial install.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation