cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CL-HP Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Solution Center - new scanning problem

Vista

I was in the middle of scanning pictures into a Word 2010 document using my HP6310 All-in-One. After scanning a selected section of a page as I have done many times, I got a message saying:

“An internal error occurred while processing the document. Click OK to close the program, and then try one of the following: - Restart the program. – Restart the PC and then try again. – Reinstall the Photo & Imaging Software and try again.”

I tried closing and restarting both the HP Solution Center and Word. I tried scanning into a new Word document. I tried restarting the PC. I updated the HP software. In the process, I found and downloaded the HP Printer Diagnostic Tools. When I ran the Scan Doctor, I received a message saying:

“Solution Center Error: Your system needs an update to fix this Solution Center error. Click ‘Get Update' to download the update. Once the download is complete, run the downloaded file to update your system.”

However, when I clicked 'Get Update,' I got the following message: “Could not open page. The service or information you requested is not available at this time. Please try again later. (Error: system-websrv_unavail)”

I have tried rerunning this several times over a period of several hours.

Prior to this whole problem, I had started receiving error messages when I tried to save the Word file containing scanned pictures. The messages stated that I couldn’t save the file due to a file permission error. The message didn't always appear, and I found that I could get around the problem by using the Save As function on the File tab. I don’t know if these two problems are related.

I use Windows Vista 64-bit.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,420 17,221 898 2,526
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @CL-HP 

There are indeed a few updates available, that may be needed; however, I think it would be best to first perform a comprehensive uninstall, then reinstall the software, then check for necessary updates.

1. Hold down the Windows Logo key () on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type %temp%
  2. Delete all files and folders from the temp folder. Choose skip if any pop ups appear saying any of the files could not be deleted
  3. Uninstall the software again - Uninstalling the Printer Software Instructions
  4. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
  5. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.

• Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
    • In the Open box, type msiexec /unregister, and then click OK.
    • Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
    • In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK
       *Note: there is a space between the c and the /

If you have any difficulty with this step, please use this link to perform it another way. Restarting Windows Installer
  6. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tool < How to Delete files using Disk Cleanup
  7. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
  8. Restart the computer
  9. Download and install the full feature software and drivers here > AIO_CDB_Full_Network_enu_NB.exe

Once this is complete, use the following links to check for updates;

Now you can try scanning again. Please let me know the outcome of your efforts, thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

CL-HP Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sunshyn2005,

I followed every step, and your solution worked great! Thank you, thank  you, thank  you!!!

CL-HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation