Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (2,746 Views)

HP Solution Center problem

i have an c8180 installed on a windows 7 64-bit operating system.  Until a couple of days ago the HP solution center worked well.  Now when i open it get this message:" Center can not run because device installation is incomplete"

i have unistalled and re-installed twice without success.  Does anyone know what has happened and how to fix it?

cheers, krauelly

Student
Message 2 of 6 (2,715 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center problem

I have the exact same problem. This just started about 4 days ago. When I first install the software, solutions center pops up and works fine, but after a reboot, I get teh same error meesage that the software cannot run due to "device installation is incomplete"

Is there a fix out there?

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (2,551 Views)

My problem was my HP Solution Center face was went blank. I know your problem may not be the same as mine, but how I sloved my problem was I just went to the control panel and uninstall only the "Solution Center" software. Then i went to the HP website and downloaded <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=36451...>, 

Everything else failed, my CD didn't either. I uninstalled the whole package and then re-installed it. It still didn't work until I did what I wrote above. I think the HP.COM home page has the latest downlods and updates going. Just try it, it just might work!

Tutor
Message 4 of 6 (2,518 Views)

I tried updating, downloading from the web, and reinstalling from the CD, I had the same problem with Windows Vista and each time I get the response from updates or reinstalls that a newer version is already installed.  I now have NO versions of Solution Center and Support is nonexistent unless you want to pay for it.  Without Solution Center, the printer is worthless.  Guess I will be shopping for ANOTHER printer, NOT HP

Student
Message 5 of 6 (2,046 Views)

I uninstalled then reinstalled my 4315 all in one and the solution center response is no devices are connected even though I got another message saying your device is ready for use.  So how can I repair or reestablish it.

Student
Message 6 of 6 (1,186 Views)

I am having the same problem with my printer C4400 series.   Have been trying for days to download solution center so that I can scan from my printer....Does any one know the solution to this problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation