Note on archived topics.
01-09-2012 05:12 PM
I uninstalled my HP Solutions Center software, as the fax quit working (prompt bar greyed out). When I tried to reinstall, I got the wrong software for my Windows 7 64-bit OS and my Officejet 4500 G510n all-in-one printer. Where can I find the correct software to download. I had version 13.0
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-09-2012 05:18 PM
All should be in here:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
01-09-2012 05:26 PM
There is a Full Feature Software listed for this printer that is supposed to work with Windows 7, 64bit.
Download the package you want...The Full Feature is the third selection of the three...
- Install the Print Software installation package: It will be named *.exe – the package will most likely be located in the Downloads folder. If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
I hope this helps solve the problem.
Post back your results...
Say “Thanks!” – Click the Kudos Star on any Post that helps you.
Mark this Post “Accepted Solution” to say the solution provided worked for you.
02-25-2012 05:40 PM
If you tried to load from above, you may not have downloaded the s/w for your printer (so maybe it didn't work?). I don't know... How about trying again and see if that helps...
Here are the general instructions. Remember: depending on YOUR Printer and YOUR operating system (Windows 7, Vista, Linux, Mac OS, etc), the Full Feature Software may or May Not be available - sometimes all you can get are the basic drivers...
OK, here goes...
In many cases, you can (re)install the Full Feature Software for your printer to enhance its capabilities. The HP Solution Center is an integrated part of the FFS.
(Re)install the basic driver or Full Feature Software:
Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).
Software controls the programs that interact with the User.
- Go to the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
- Enter your Printer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
- Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu... Scroll down
- Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
- Select the appropriate Basic Driver or Full Feature Software – if available for your printer Save the *.exe installation package on your computer -
- NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file will likely save to "Downloads “Install the Software / Driver installation package: It will be named *.exe – the package will most likely be located in the Downloads folder. If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
NOTE: There is sometimes a lot of information at the printer’s website manuals, how-to pages, and alerts for your printer. Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.
I hope this helps!
Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation.
Fixed? Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.
Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.
2012 Year of the Dragon!
08-09-2012 11:49 AM
Question: Can I use HP Solution Center with my new Officejet Pro 8600 Plus? The software downloaded from the disk is HP Scan and for some reason does not sequentially number my scans as it did using Solution Center.
Running Vista 32-bit, HP PC