Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pseakins Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Solution Center stopped working

Product Model: CB683A
Product Name: 
HP Deskjet F2280 All-in-One Printer 
PrinterSerial Number: 
CN88E4S2GX

Windows XP SP3

This has been working fine up till now. Now when I click on HP Solution Center nothing happens. In Windows Task manager there is a process hpqdirec.exe present but nothing appears on either of my two monitors. I allowed the HP update to update all software but it made no difference.

Following an FAQ suggestion I went to Windows Paint and did a scan "from Scanner or Camera" and it accessed the printer and scanned ok.

So why does this application no longer appear?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
Intern Intern
Intern
34 2 10
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

pseakins,

Well, the good news is that you could scan from Windows Paint.  That information makes it much easier to troubleshoot your problem.  The next step I would suggest is to run the HP scan diagnostic utility from here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

Troy

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
pseakins Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks. The tool ran ok, said it found a probleam and asked if it could fix it. After fixing it, it ran a test scan. The document was correctly scanned to the correct folder.

However, the HP Solution Centre still does not appear when I try to execute it.

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
34 2 10
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

If you are able to scan correctly, you may have a problem with Adobe Flash.  Flash is necessary to run the HP Solution Center.  There are more details in this thread if you are interested:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/HP-Solution-Center-won-t-load/td-p/382...

But to summarize, please try to uninstall and reinstall Adobe flash player via Internet Explorer.  You can get the Adobe flash player here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Troy

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
pseakins Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OK. The problem was caused by Adobe Flash Player having been uninstalled.

This is daft. If the scanner works fine and is accessible from test software without it, why on earth would The Solution Centre need it?

Flash Player is built-in in my Chrome browser but I now have to separately install Flash Player for Internet Explorer which I never use.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Solution Centre is now working but I have to say having two different copies of Flash Player installed is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
TishN Tutor
Tutor
14 0 5
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I tried this fix.  I uninstalled Adobe Flash for IE and then installed it again.  No difference at all in how HP Solution Center feels about what it considers to be my not installed printers.  They print and scan just fine on the diagnostic test but I don't know how to get to the scanning other than going via HP Solution Center which is obviously kaput.

0 Kudos
RASHA_KHAN Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

WINDOWS 7 X.. 64...  By mistake had uninstalled solution center while uninstalling one printer driver not in use  ...  later used Microsoft to get the previous day version in order.. however.. now HP Solution Center is not opening... Printers in use HP Deskjet ink 4625 and 4500 all in one wireless series..   tried to scan and print.. found test all in order.  thanks.. Can somebody  help... Rasha Khan.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation