Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-16-2017 12:21 PM
Have used the HP solution center on my HP laptop to do all wireless printing and scanning to a C7200 all in one. A recent scan suddenly stopped and the solution center no longer detects the printer. Have shut down printer and laptop, have reloaded device, but can't scan. Printer works fine.
Also tried to remove the solution center and reload it, but the download says the file is corrupt. Tried this several times with no luck.
Any suggestions out there?
05-17-2017 12:39 PM - edited 05-17-2017 12:40 PM
Good Day. Thanks for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post regarding solution center app not able the scan. It will be a pleasure to assist you here.
Commendable diagnosis, superb troubleshooting and splendid description of the issue before posting. Hats off to you on that score. 🙂
I would require more information regarding this.
- .Did this happen after a windows or software update?
For a start please try all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c02463264 for assistance to resolve solution center issues.
- If this does not fix the issue then please uninstall the printer completely by following these steps:
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
- Restart the PC again.
- Download the latest full feature driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-c7200-all-in-one-printer-series/32047... and install it on the computer. Please select the correct operating system before doing it.
- Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
- Then reinstall the printer software.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.
Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
05-20-2017 08:54 AM
Thanks for the response, but I'm still having issues.
Yes, the issues starting to ocurr after an HP update. In fact, I'm having other issues such as...some programs simply won't open.
I ran thru the suggested steps, but the Printer Full Feature download would not install bc it shows it as a corrupt file. This is the same issue I had previously!
Would appreciate any other support.
05-20-2017 12:05 PM
It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,
I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service.
I recommend you retry the download as the file could have been corrupted during the time it was downloaded,
If the issue persists, try a different version or Simply make use of the windows built-in drivers: Click here for instructions.
Also, here's the HP Solution Center Software Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉
I am an HP Employee
05-21-2017 07:22 AM
Thanks again for the support. I have tried to retry the download several times and on diffreent days, but still no luck. I have also removed and added the wireless printer several times with no change in results. Print function works fine, but again, the HP Soultion center does not show my printer. When I try to scan from the printer to computer, I get the same message...No Scan options!
Any other options?