Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I purchased an HP printer with lifetime efax and I just received an email that my efax number will be discontinued on the 31st if I don't pay $16.95 a month! Was HP support able to do anything for you?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@sea-wind

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have received an email stating that your efax number will be discontinued on the 31st if you do not pay $16.95 a month. I'll be gad to check this out for you.

I did some digging on this and found that the efax is part of the HP web services. The web services has been stopped for selected HP printers and no longer available. And the printers that support efax are the following: (Source: http://hp.care/2py2ZEb)

• HP ENVY 110 e-All-in-One Printer - D411a
  • HP ENVY 110 e-All-in-One Printer - D411b
  • HP ENVY 111 e-All-in-One Printer - D411d
  • HP ENVY 114 e-All-in-One Printer - D411c
  • HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer - C311a
  • HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer - C311b
  • HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer - C510a
  • HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer - C510c

You may check this HP article to know the printers that support efax.

As per this HP document, the web services has been stopped for all the above mentioned printers. Therefore, even if you pay then the efax may not work. 

Hope this information helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

The list you provided is not complete, go to http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-photosmart-6520-e-all-in-one-printer and click on the Specs tab you will clearly see next to next to faxing that this printer (my printer) came with efax. When I bought this printer I read that I was receiving lifetime efax, without web services I was still able to login to my efax account and send or receive faxes. It is quite aggravating when you are told you get something for life and a few years later you are told otherwise.

HP Recommended

Nice going HP. I've only used the fax service a few times and had no need for it the last few years (retired) but needed it for some important medical forms. I was shocked that they disconected the service and threw all users that bought thier expensive machines under the bus. I will no longer be a user of HP products... ALL PRODUCTS. I will not do business with someone I cannot trust!

HP Recommended

Hey CaptJohn,

Try logging into your eFax, it may just work...

The email I received from eFax said my service would be discontinued on 12/31/2017. It has been well over a year since then and my eFax account still works with no problems. I'm assuming eFax sent out that email by mistake to all of there free customers even though the HP customers were grandfathered.

Cheers

Ryan

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Ryan

For some reason my automatic login (1 Password) didn't work and I assumed that with the messages the site was taken down. However I dialed my fax number and got a fax tone so I clicked lost password and changed it so now I'm in and got my faxes that were sent. HOWEVER, I have an eSTN C-510 and the Zeen "blew up" (totally deformed) from the heat apparrantly. All functions of the printer still wotk work but now I don't know how to send a fax. Oh well such is life.

John

HP Recommended

Hey John,

At least you are in efax now! If you need to send a fax but don't send them very often I recommend just taking a picture of what you need to fax with your smartphone or scanning it with another scanner. You can then email it to yourself and upload it to efax. My efax capable unit died awhile and I don't have a need to fax very often...

Good luck

Ryan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.