Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello!

i bought an HP deskjet ink advantage 1515. i tried copying an A4 size document but the bottom part is cut.i tried scanning it but still the same..i tried scanning again and adjusted to ' scan entire area' it well ok but when i tried to print it,still the bottom part is cut.

what should i do?..please help..thank you so much.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi @jeni101988, 

I understand you are having issues printing on the A4 paper size correctly. I can help you.

Change the location settings on the computer for the paper default settings.

• Go to start, control panel, Region and Language.
  • Select the Location tab, click on the drop down and select United States.
  • Then click on the Formats tab and click on the drop down and select English (United States).

Restart the computer.

From the application you are printing from, go to file, page setup and select the proper paper size also.

For a single document follow these steps:

In the program you are trying to print from, click File and then click Print.

The Print dialog box opens.

Select your printer, right click Properties or Printer Properties .

Click the Paper/Quality tab.

From the Media or Type click the drop down, select the paper type that matches the paper loaded in the input tray and the desired print quality, Paper size, select the proper size of paper and click OK.

Try and print again.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hello good day.i tried what u said.to change the location and language but nothing happens.the bottom part was cut..when i photocopied it,the entire area was not copied.there are blank spaces on the borders.please help me on this.the bottom part is very important because the document i printed has important contact numbers.
HP Recommended

Hi jeni101988,

The printer will print a A4 paper size by the steps I had provided.

For scanning, the specifications show up to 8.5x11.7 paper size.

This information is provided by the manual. HP Deskjet 1510 series.

To resize the copy, scan the original to the computer, resize it using an application on the computer, and then print the resized document.

Try scanning at the A4 size to see if you have the same results.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi jeni101988

If the margins of the document or photo you are copying exceed the margin specifications limits of the printer (see Paper-Handling Specifications_Print Margins) portions of your image may be lost upon printing. To retain the full image of the document or photo exceeding the print margin limits of your printer.  Scan the image to your PC first. Use the following link "How to Scan"  to learn how.  Once the image is scanned to the PC find the scanned image on your PC. Open the scanned image and select print.   In the print menu make sure the "Fit" radio button is selected.   I hope this helps.

Regards,

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

So HP 1515 is not able to copy a document directly if it is an A4 size?

HP Recommended

Hi @gace ,

I see that you want to know if the printer can copy the A4 paper size.

The specifications for the printer show a Maximum scan size from the glass: 21.6 x 29.7 cm. (8.5 x 11.7 inches)

A4 paper size is 210 x 297 mm 8.3 x 11.7 in. This printer should be able to copy that size from the glass. You might have to make adjustments in the copy settings menu. Unfortunately I don't have the menu structure for this model to look at the menus for the copy function.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi there!

Me too have the same problem. 

Here's the picture what happen when i photocopy the hp ads.20150116_222613.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @hrz_47,

I'd like to help you with copying the A4 paper size.

I checked into this further and if the copy menu doesn't have the option for selecting the paper size, it will only copy the available size. (standard 8 1/2 x 11)

For a workaround though, you can scan a A4 size, since the software allows you to change the size and then print it on the A4 paper size.

Have a fantastic day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02!

Thank you for replying to my message. 

I tried everything and after called the Malaysian HP Careline, the operator advised me to bring it back to the computer shop where i bought it as it is not the hardware problem but ony software setting. When i bring it to the shop where i bought it, the technician there tell me that there is no setting for the copy function and admit that mine has problem. He will help me to called the HP careline to claim the warranty exchange...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.