Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ePrint
iOS

The ePrint app has been working great on our network, however we have been unable to the the replacement app to work.  We manually add printers by IP in each room for iPad printing AM (accelerated math) reports. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @ldkoebe, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you have issues using HP eprint app.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

What is the replacement app you are using?

Please provide the product number of your printer to assist you better?

HP eprint app is going to be retired on  May 31, 2017.

You can use HP remote AIO app as an alternate and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to use HP AIO printer app.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Our printers are 4250 models. With the current app I can add the IP of the 4250 printer and it will find it. With the new HP AIO app this does not work. It will not find the IP of the 4250 printer, it will only find the HP 8100 in the other building. 

Regards,

Lee

HP Recommended

@ldkoebe, Thanks for your response and time.

I Appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the HP AIO app is unable to find 4250 printers.

Try performing an RPC (Router, Printer and computer) reset and check if it helps.

Press the Power button to turn on the product.
With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on. 
Turn the router off and turn the router back on and try checking with the HP AIO app again.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, I failed to mention that our printers (37 of them) are on a network server. Our devices access those printers printers through the DHCP server or Wireless Apple Server.  

One thought.. If I leave the current HP ePrint app on our iPads, will that app continue to function after the cutoff date? 

HP Recommended

@ldkoebe, Thanks for your response and time.

Yes the HP eprint app should be functional until May 31, 2017.

Try restarting one printer and perform RPC reset and check if you if the AIO app is able to detect the printer.

Also, Try uninstalling the app from your phone and reinstall the app and check if it helps.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.