cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
my-hp-printer Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP envy 4500 network access

envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

To begin with, I don't know what I'm doing or talking about, so please when you reply keep it simple!!! 🙂

I have a HP envy 4500 wireless printer, which is great but I can't use it wirelessly only with a usb. I have been through all the instructions for setting up (this is my second attempt on this laptop as it has just returned from being fixed and I had to re-install the printer again) I have done the trouble shooting, scan doctor etc, everything says the printer is connected and working ok, but the wireless connect it is using isn't the wireless connection my laptop is on. So to have the printer working wirelessly I have to disconnect my wireless connection to the internet (which means I can't access or print any documents saved to cloud) Confussed? yes me too!

I could still use the printer fine if I am at the desk with the usb, but I have a laptop so that I don't need to be sat at my desk all the time! Also my daughter would like to print stuff without having to email it all to me first.

Any suggestions how to fix it please?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
768 631 42 97
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @my-hp-printer,

Thanks for posting in the HP Forums.

I'd like to help you with the issues you are having configuring your HP Envy 4500 eAll-in-One for wireless printing.

You mentioned that the printer's wireless is different from the wireless that you computer is using. Do you have more than one router? This can complicate matters when attempting to setup the printer wirelessly.

You'll need to know your network name (SSID) and your wireless password in order to connect the printer to the network you are currently using on your laptop.

If you are unsure what these are, you can download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

To retrieve your network information using this tool, download and run the file, then follow these steps:

• At the very top of the window, select Network.
  • From the drop down, select Show Advanced Info.
  • Then select, Show Wireless Info
  • Your network name and password will show in the bottom box of that window.

Once you have your network information, you'll need to run the Wireless Setup Wizard on your printer.

1. From the home screen of the printer, touch the wireless icon (to the right of the screen)

2. Select Settings at the bottom of the screen

3. Use the arrows to highlight Wireless Setup Wizard, and press OK

4. A list of available networks will come up. Select the network that your computer is connected to and press OK

5. It will then prompt you for the network password, use the up and down arrows to navigate the keyboard and the OK button to select each letter or number. NOTE: The password is case sensitive. you can use the button on the bottom left hand corner of the screen to change the keyboard to capitals, lower case, and numbers.

Once the printer is successfully connected to the network, run the software CD that came with your HP printer again. It'll prompt you to install a new printer.

If the printer is not seen wirelessly by the software try doing a network reset.

Let's leave the router on and unplug the power cable (NOTE: Do not reset the router.), then do the same with the printer, and shut down the computer. After a full minute, plug the router back in, wait for it to fully power up, then plug the printer back in and wait for the wireless light to become solid. Once both the router and printer are on, go ahead and turn the computer back on. Doing this will refresh the network connection.

Let me know if this solution works for you!

Have a great Friday.

:cathappy:

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
my-hp-printer Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes Yes Yes!!!!! Sorry to get carried away, I had to do ALL of it before it would work, it's taken me HOURS, switching everything off and on and I know the IP address off by heart now, but it is working! 🙂

Great instructions and easy to follow. I just need to do it all again on my daughters laptop 😞

Thanks

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation