Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP envy 4507
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My printer was installed and working great in windows 8,  my computer was then updated to windows 10 which I hated so had my computer wiped and windows 8.1 x64 bit re-installed.  Now everytime I do any printing of more than one page the printer stops printing, and gives and error message  why ?  Please can someone help its driving me mad!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SueO1

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4507 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that you upgraded the operating system to Win10 and again downgraded to Win8.1. Since then the printer will print more than 1 page and then stops printing. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the exact error message?
  • Did you reinstall the drivers for Win8.1?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 
  • If the issue persists then I further suggest you to uninstall the existing printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them by following the below steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Now you may download and install the drivers from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to let me know the results. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for this.  I have followed all the instructions rioght to the Print server Properties window, I had 2 lots of HP drivers listed it will let me delete one of them but not the other I get the following message:

Unable to remove HP ENVY 4500 series x64 type 3 - User Mode driver

The specified printer driver is currently in use.

please can you suggest anything as I dont want to install the new drivers from the link you sent me until all old drivers are removed.

thanks wait for your suggestion.

Thanks

Sue 

HP Recommended

@SueO1

You're welcome. 🙂

Maybe the drivers got installed two times initially and therefore there are 2 lots of HP drivers listed.

I suggest you to close all applications and then try to uninstall it. Because sometimes if the printer is in use, it may not allow you to uninstall the printer drivers completely. 

If the other entry still does not get installed then I suggest you to continue to install the drivers from the link I sent in my previous post.

Let's hope for the best. Keep me posted.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.