Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have been having trouble with the printer not centering properly the last 2 times I used it.  Now it suddenly wants to keep printing the same page over and over .  If I hit cancel, the "canceling" stays on the window until I reboot, then the same thing starts all over.  I put in new inkjets.  I got it to the alignment page once, but of course, then I had a paper jam.  Now I'm back to square one with the "canceling" in the window.  Is this fixable or should I just shoot it?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@coby52

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting issues while printing on HP Envy 4500 printer. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

Reset the printer

• Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Press and hold the printer power button for 60secs.
  • Connect the printer power cable to printer and directly to wall outlet.
  • Turn on the printer.

Click here for more troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That did not work.  I hate to go out and buy a new printer when it seems this one is capable of printing.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@coby52

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

If you've done all the steps mentioned by the previous tech, including the ones on the link he had shared,

This would confirm a hardware failure, however, to ensure we give our 100 percent to help you,
I will share a set of steps in a private message to perform a semi-full reset.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is because the instructions are critical,

And we don't want it in the wrong hands, as the printer will be set back to factory defaults).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I cannot get to the homepage on the printer, it's locked into print mode.  Is there not something I can do from the computer?

HP Recommended

@coby52

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to contact HP, I keep getting a message that says page 404 not found.  Could not get through.  I'm getting ready to go out and buy a Cannon.

HP Recommended

@coby52

I understand you are unable to open the link.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2.Copy this link and try in different browser.

Step 3. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was not able to contact HP.  I did finally fix the initial problem by going through amin tools, sevices and stopping the spooler.  Unfortunately, now it seems that the printer is not connected to the computer.  I tried putting the disc in-no good.  I tried going online and re-installing the printer, but so far that isn't working either.  I can only use the printer right now as a copier.

HP Recommended

@coby52

Thanks for the super quick reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Good to know that initial issue is fixed.

And I understand that you are unable to connect the printer to the router.

Click here and follow the document and check if that works.

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.