Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp Deskjet ink advantage 3545
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

suddenly I noticed that my black colour cartridge was not able to print.The error message was 'Incompatible cartridge(s),the indicated cartridge are not intended for use in this printer'.I thought that cartridge might be defective,so I replaced the black cartridge.But again the error message was same.I have changed  3 to 5 cartridge all new and genuine,but no solution.I have checked all the cartridge in my friend printer,it was all ok.The colour cartridge was working fine.The problem is with black colour.I went to service center, and they checked and said that there is problem in carriage.They said that it would reqiure 3k to repair.I was not satisfied with their diagnostic.So I did not repair.My question is if the carriage is defective,then the cartridge would not be detected,but the cartridge is detected,but there arises an error message aevery time I place the black cartridge.So I removed the black cartridge and do my basic printing in tri colour single cartridge mode only.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sanju95

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an  HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer does not recognize the black color cartridge and produces and error 'Incompatible cartridge(s), the indicated cartridge are not intended for use in this printer'. The color cartridge seems to work fine. You have replaced the black cartridge multiple times and have used original HP cartridges. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did you move to another country other than the country where the printer was purchased?

The evidence indicates towards the printer because multiple cartridges cannot have the same issue as correctly diagnosed by you. 

Before we conclude this issue, I recommend you to review the steps from this HP article and check if the troubleshooting steps have been performed.
NOTE: Please skip the following steps and do not perform the steps which were already performed. 

• Step 7: Identify the cartridge to replace.
  • Step 9: Replace the cartridge.

If the printer continues to display the error then I suggest you to contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your HP printer. 

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for any questions. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended
No sir,I did not move to any other country.I have also gone across the article and did every steps,but did not find the solution.
HP Recommended

@sanju95

Thanks for replying with the results. I truly appreciate your efforts.

I suggest you to contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your HP printer. The evidence points towards a printer failure. 

Please keep in touch for any questions. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.