cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
anonymous512308
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP m551 Series Color Laserjet - "98.01.01 Error - Turn power off then on" message

Just open up this product and powered it up without any connection to any PC or network as per the instructions and

I'm getting this error message:

"98.01.01 Error - Turn power off then on" 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TechPro
Level 2
26 23 1 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP m551 Series Color Laserjet - "98.01.01 Error - Turn power off then on" message

I don't know specifically what 98.01.01 indicates, but I do know that ALL of the 98.xx.xx error codes for the M551 indicate a problem with the firmware. Since there are specific tests to the electronics (which includes the firmware) during the assembly process, my guess is something dislodged or had a problem during shipping.

Since this is new and you've just opened it up ... Call HP's 800 tech support number and get it warrantied ASAP. No need for you to deal with Firmware issues at this point., especially since it could be an internal part out of place and needing the firmware re-installed.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation