cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AnnoyedLady
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

HP officejet 6100 won't print colours correctly

HP Recommended

Today i replaced the colour cartridges for my officejet 6100 and since then the colours do not print correctly. I've tried cleaning the printheads several times, as well as aligning the cartridges several times also. Still the colours do not print properly. I've never had this problem with any previous colour cartridges (and these cartridges say they are in warranty until 2016). I wonder if anyone could help with this situation? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Zactinium
Retired
Retired
944 904 44 89
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @AnnoyedLady ,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the HP Forums today! Hope you enjoy the experience.

I understand your colours aren't printing properly and you are annoyed about it.

What exactly is it that you are saying is improper so that I can further help you.

Was there an issue at all before you got the new cartridges?

Do your copies come out out fine? Can you try a copy and let me know?

Look forward to hearing back from you. :generic: Have a nice day.

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
AnnoyedLady
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I've never had any problems with colour printing before (have replaced the colour cartridges several times since I bought my printer). Now instead of printing an object in the correct colour it just comes out as lots of lines of random colour - not the actual colour of the object. It is as if the printer is trying to make the correct shade but somehow the inks arent mixing properly before the final print out comes out. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
AnnoyedLady
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried some more colour printing and all images are coming out very blue/purple leading me to think there is an issue with the Yellow cartrige effecting the final colour. I bought the colour cartridges as a set so am unsure why one would be faulty if the others are okay.

0 Kudos
Zactinium
Retired
Retired
944 904 44 89
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

Can you please try a copy and let me know how that goes?

Thanks. Let me know.

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
AnnoyedLady
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I dont understand exactly what you're asking? I've tried lots of printing of various documents and the black font is fine but the coloured objects are all coming out as a blue/purple colour - even though all 3 cartridges were replaced at the same time. I think one of the colour cartridges must be faulty. 

0 Kudos
Zactinium
Retired
Retired
944 904 44 89
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

I'm asking you to take a normal coloured photo, place it on the scanner glass and perform a colour copy. The reason I asked for you to do this is because it tests the cartridges at the most basic level by cutting out the computer from the equation. So please, perform a colour copy of a colour photo and let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
AnnoyedLady
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The officejet 6100 is a printer only,  hence there is no scanner - hence my confusion. 

0 Kudos
Zactinium
Retired
Retired
944 904 44 89
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

I apologize, I was clearly not paying close enough attention to the model of printer. This issue is best posed to HP Technical Support.

If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

HP printers generally have a 1 year warranty from their purchase date, you can verify the warranty using the following link if you would like; warranty check.

I hope this helps.

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
AnnoyedLady
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm in the UK, I don't believe the fault to be the actual printer (as it printed perfectly until the day I changed the colour cartridges). I believe the issue is the ink cartridges are faulty. Who do i contact to discuss getting replacement cartiridges? 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation