cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
widgetoregon Tutor
Tutor
14 13 0 0
Message 1 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet 6500

Windows 7.  Scan will not work.  Removed Belkin hub as other "things" didn't seem to work, now plugged into computer itself.   Novice Grannie!

Have tried to run Troubleshooter.....only fix was to make this AIO the default.  Did not solve problem

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
554 554 28 77
Message 2 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet 6500

Hello,

What happens when you try to scan? Is there an error message?

Thank you

I was an HP employee.

Kudos are appreciated if I have helped you.
0 Kudos
widgetoregon Tutor
Tutor
14 13 0 0
Message 3 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet 6500

I must have fouled things up so badly that my "little window" now shows the date and time but [?]!   when I try to scan

"No Scan options"  Thanks for tackling a subject with little old lady!  

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
554 554 28 77
Message 4 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet 6500

If you try to make a copy from the copy button on the printer, does it work?

Follow the steps in this document to help set up the scan destinations?

Are you able to scan from the computer?

I was an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern Intern
Intern
42 42 1 10
Message 5 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet 6500

The front panel may need to be updated. Below is a document for this specific issue that may help you resolve it.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02450835

I also included a link to the print and scan doctor if the above document does not fix the issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

Though I may work for HP, my opinion is my own.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
0 Kudos
widgetoregon Tutor
Tutor
14 13 0 0
Message 6 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet 6500

just made perfect black copy of HP started cd. Will go back now to "in this document"
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
554 554 28 77
Message 7 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet 6500

The document is going to give you available scan destinations which you will "move over" to the other side which is the list you will see on your pinter.

I was an HP employee.

0 Kudos
HATEHP2day Honor Student
Honor Student
6 3 0 0
Message 8 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet 6500

I can;t the find the documents I am scanning to my computer with the 6500 all in one.  I called today and TRIED to speak intelligently to a "tech" about telling me how to rectify this obvious desing flaw in the programming, and this nimrod tells me since it's out of warranty, I need to pay for it. I told him that it wasn't brokern...there is no warranty work to perform, that your SOFTWARE is bad.  He said even though the software is bad, I still have to pay for it.  How stupid he sounded.

So, I'm giving you wizards at HP a chance...to make right what you did wrong, and tell me, on Windows Vista OS...HOW TO GET THIS POJ TO SCAN CORRECTLY!.

0 Kudos
widgetoregon Tutor
Tutor
14 13 0 0
Message 9 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet 6500

have message that USB port is malfunctioning. I'm using one of the front ones on a Dell ! I think I am in over my head (KNOW I am in over my head. Gave up on old Belkin hub as I thought that was problem. The unplug plug didn't work.
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
554 554 28 77
Message 10 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet 6500

can you plug it into a different one in the back? or at least a different one on the front?

What was the exact error you saw about the USB?

I was an HP employee.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation