cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
newdawn
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP officejet Pro 8500 A910 was not found

HP officejet pro 8500 A910
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When i click scan from start this HPScan popup happens, however before I uninstalled and reinstalled via software CD there was another popup which indicated can not communicate with a list of things to do, including unplugging 10 secs. etc. router and printer.  That does not appear anymore and before this, when i printed I needed to clear the que before the printer would print ex: WordDoc. Now there is nothing hanging in the que and printer is doing, but i can not scan. I have contacted Sitecom and done all I can do with them. The IP address is not appear in the Printer properties, it shows a WSD Port and not TCP/IP. The WIFI summary info indicates an IP that was registered before last week's power problem. Since that problem, the scan has not worked properly. There was a month ago power problem and when it was all done with, along with Sitecom and the WLR 5002-AC750 everything was working on this IP address 192.168.2.99; however now the router does not display it and when I attempt to make a static connection it will not accept this IP and indicates the reason because it is not with the router IP listing series. I have even restored HP printer, etc. Sitecom indicated that I need to communicate with you because of the printer's language or something like that. Please be sure Sitecom helped a great deal a few weeks ago and got the printer working on the router etc. so it is not that they do not want to help, they are limited now with going any further with the scan problem and I can not give them an IP ad for the printer that is working with the router, however it is printing so.................how can i get this IP ??????

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 305 587
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @newdawn

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I see that your HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910 Printer will not communicate wirelessly on your network. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand that you have tried assigning a static IP address, but the IP is giving you issues. Please the steps below to help resolve the issue. 

What is the computer's IP address?
Does it start with 192.168.2.XXX?

• If the computer has a different IP address, such as 192.168.1.XXX. This would mean that the computer and printer are on different networks.

If so, please do the following:

• Restore the network defaults on the printer.
  • Run the Wireless Setup Wizard to reconnected to the network.
  • Click here to update the printer's firmware.

TIPS:

• Do not hide the SSID (network name).
  • What encryption type are you using? HP recommends WPA and WPA2. 
  • Do you have a dual band router? Ensure both bands do not have the same network name.

If the issue persists, you might be experiencing an IP address conflict. It is a good idea to assign the printer a static IP address, outside your DHCP range. For example, some routers DHCP default range is 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.200. So, I would use 192.168.0.232. 

To assign the static IP address, use these steps as a guideline.

• Print a Network Configuration Page from the printer's front panel menu. Note the printer's IPV4 IP address.
  • Type the IP address into your internet browser to bring up the EWS.
  • Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless on the left side, then select the IPv4 tab.
  • Select Manual IP. 
  • Enter your manual IP address of (192.168.0.232)
  • Enter  255.255.255.0 for the subnet mask, unless it is different.
  • Enter your router's IP address which can be found on the Network Configuration Page) for the default gateway.
  • Please click Manual DNS Server. For the Manual Preferred DNS Server please enter 8.8.8.8 and for the Manual Alternate DNS Server please enter 8.8.4.4.
  • Click Apply.
  • Reboot the router, printer and computer.
  • Test printing and scanning.

You could try switching your printer port from using the WSD to a Standard TCP/IP port.

Switch your printer port from using the WSD to a Standard TCP/IP port. To do this, you will need your printers current IP address.  

Next, you will want to do the following to switch the port:
1. Locate and open Devices and Printers.
2. Right click on your printer icon and choose Printer Properties.

CP1.png

3. Click on the Ports tab along the top of the page.

4. Click on the Add Port... button.

CP2.png

5. If you have the option for HP Standard TCP/IP Port, select it other wise just select the Standard TCP/IP Port.

6. Click the New Port... button.

CP3.png

7. Click Next > button in the wizard.

CP4.png

8. Enter your printers current IP address from your Network Configuration page. Note: The Port Name will auto-populate. I would recommend putting a check mark in the box; Always print to this device, even if it's IP address changes.

9. Click Next > button in the wizard.

CP5.png

10. Click the Finish button.

CP6.png

11. This may take you back to this Printer Ports window,

12. Select the port you configured and click Configure Port

13.Uncheck SNMP Status Enabled.

14. Then Click OK and Apply in the Properties Window. 

15. Try it and see if this resolves this issue you are experiencing.

If the issue persists, please download and run this hotfix, Update rollup: Fix printing problems in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

• Try printing and scanning.

If the issue persist, continue on.

Run Printer Troubleshooter.

Then, try the Printer troubleshooter, which will attempt to automatically diagnose and fix your problem.

Open the Printer troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Use a printer.

Open the printer troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Printer-troubleshooter

Source

In addition, if you're still experiencing issues try the steps in this guide, HP Printers - 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 7).

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

newdawn
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

interesting enough, for the past 2 days i have been able to accomplish everything you sent: printer properties TCP/IP port issue changed to standard (did not notice - HP however it could have been there); uninstalled and downloaded full software from HP; deleted old allllll and from everywhere i could think of before the above took place.  Used another laptop to get the correct IP address because the old static was not related to the router, however the modem (2 different floors). The printer is in the same room as the wifi router and did not have IP properties for DHCP ok little tired, because now i attempted to print out your solution and printer not found (hahahahaha with big sight) popped up, urgggggggggggg!  To late now for me to be busy with this and now it is reading the old port (Network) which i know from before that is not working with communication. so how did that come about, ???????????? tomorrow will to full to actually spend time and the sunday well my best friend's father is in hospital and survival slim, so we gather around him. Hopefully by monday, i can readdress this on this laptop. Meanwhile what I have done is sent this link to another laptop here, which has not been recieved as of yet (twice sent) must be the KPN shortening out problems of the day. Had hoped that I could send to the printer via that laptop to confirm the port as it is listed without (Network), now i am going to use that loptops word.doc to print.and it worked!!!!!! ok now i checked my network connection and my laptop has taken itself off and onto the modem. i reconnected to the router, checked the device/printer and now have a new port connection which is where it is to be, now i will attempt to print, and it printed!!!!!!!!!Glory be to God, now hopefully next opportunity after this very busy weekend, get it done without alllll this here and there, check this and that...............................................................have u any suggestions, will check back later God bless and thanks for the quick reply  pssssss i did call the 800 number to some company that did not answer hp but said it reps hp and wanted$$$. so i sad no and just trusted the forum and my wits. talk later

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation