The HP Community is here for you.
08-27-2012 07:51 PM
I have a HP Photosmart C309-gm printer. If I use the copier all colors print out correctly. If I print from my computer, it only prints out in a light blue shade, light pink, or light yellow. It will not print out any black. I have installed all new HP ink cartridges and deleted and reloaded the drivers. It does not matter if I print wirelessley or from a USB cord, I still get the same result.
08-28-2012 08:27 PM
08-29-2012 05:21 AM
It does it on all programs and also when I am using the internet. The only time it prints correctly is if you use the copier.
08-29-2012 11:55 AM
That's very strange. You may need to scrub the printer software entirely and start from scratch. What brand of computer do you have and what OS are you using? I want to make sure to point you to the right scrubber.
08-29-2012 01:09 PM
These steps are for HP computers only.
1. Run disk cleanup on your computer
2. Download and run the software and drivers below.
3. Once the download is done extracting, cancel the download.
4. Click the start menu.
5. Click Run.
6. Type %temp% in the run field
7. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
8. Open folder Util
9. Open folder CCC
10. Run the L3uninstall.bat
11. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
12. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
13. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
14. Use this tool to clean the system and registry.
15. Download the full feature software and drivers
16. Run the download to reinstall the printer
08-30-2012 09:04 PM
I went through all the steps but the printer still only prints in blue. The copier prints normal with all colors printing. Any other suggestions?
08-31-2012 12:00 PM
Check the print driver settings. Specifically check the Advanced tab in the Printing Preferences to see if the HP Real Life Technologies is on or off.
- Click on the start menu.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your printer.
- Select Printing Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- If the box next to "Enable HP Real Life Technologies" is checked, then uncheck it. If it's unchecked, check it.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Try to print.
Let me know what happens.
08-31-2012 08:18 PM
Just tried your latest suggestion, it still is printing in a bluish green color. No black anywhere in sight. Copier still printing all correct colors.
09-04-2012 11:58 AM
There may be something wrong with the OS. I would suggest giving tech support a call about your OS and see if they can clear what's causing the problem. Make sure to tell them everything that you've done so far, and stress that it prints fine standalone. Make them understand that it has to be a problem in the OS. You can reach tech support at 1-800-474-6836 in the US and Canada, international users click here. Let me know what they tell you.