cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
-LD Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 11 of 93
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP printer support in Snow Leopard

I've got a p1505 as well.  It's a current model still sold on the HP website with the requirements listed as follows:

Macintosh: Mac OS X v 10.2.8, v 10.3, v 10.4 or higher;

Obviously this is untrue and I will hold HP responsible for getting a driver out in a timely manner.

0 Kudos
glub Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 93
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the P1005 and get this error when trying to add the printer:

Error: -9672

My current workaround is to print through a Mac running 10.5 which is sharing this printer, but I'd like to print directly to it sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

-gary

0 Kudos
treefaller Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 93
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is HP still working to create addition drivers?  I'm looking for one that works with a Color LaserJet 1500.

0 Kudos
BobBarnett Top Student
Top Student
6 6 0 1
Message 14 of 93
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Officejet 3600 series was produced in 2007

Still no Apple patch 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lpland Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 15 of 93
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AARGH!  Just talked to HP tech support for my Deskjet F4180.  They MIGHT have a compatible driver in a month.  A month?  I need to print today!  Then they wanted $34.95 to continue the conversation because my 1 1/2 yr old printer is out of warrantee.  Guess I'll buy a new printer and you can be sure it won't be an HP.  Anyone need a boat anchor?....................LP
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 16 of 93
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I really need a time line.  I talked to a tech at Best Buy and he said it could take up to six months.  I need to know for sure by the end of this week so I can make other plans. This is putting a real burden on me.   

I tried the method on your 10.6 page, the job shows in the queue, but dies.

0 Kudos
BobBarnett Top Student
Top Student
6 6 0 1
Message 17 of 93
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am an atty-and am really PO'd. There was no excuse for Apple not to post a list of incompatible printers, or printers they did not intend to support, w Snow Leopard. If I have to buy a new printer, I intend to sue Apple in Small Claims court.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 18 of 93
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer is not an Apple product. They are under no obligation to write drivers for any third party hardware. They do it as a service to their users. If they were the makers of the printer (s), then I'd be PO'd.   

If HP came out and told me that HP no longer writes drivers for my printer, I'd accept that and buy another, but the silence is what bothers me.  I don't want to go out, buy a printer then come home to find the drivers available.  

0 Kudos
ABIV Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 19 of 93
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What I find disgusting is that printer older than 5 years are not being supported. I currently own one as a light duty office printer, it works perfect and is immensely reliable, that is until HP decided not to support it. Now I am forced to use a 3rd party driver or take HP's advise and trash a perfectly good working printer, because they are using an OS upgrade as a blatant grab for cash.

This is not only disgusting because of HP's slimy business practices but because of the needless waste it generates. When I look for a new office printer later this year I'm probably going to stay away from HP this time. 

0 Kudos
Snowed Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 20 of 93
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again Rickster,

Would really appreciate details of how some folks get a 6MP to work with Snow Leopard.

We have a JetDirect EX Plus print server purchased in anticipation of Snow Leopard (in previous years we had an AppleTalk bridge) and I am using the IP address in HP Socket from the test print page (192.0.0.192) and the latest 6/6MP Postscript driver (version 5.3.0). Print jobs just time-out.

Other Macs on the network still using 10.5.8 can print OK thru AppleTalk, so it sounds like something related to socket and 10.6.

Grateful for any set-up tweaks I may be missing.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation