Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4502
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My HP Envy 4502 won't connect to my Wi-Fi. I'm using the right password, but it still won't connect. Will someone give me a hand here?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Have you tried to do a Restore Network settings, power cycle the printer and try connecting again?

On the front panel of the printer, arrow down to and select Settings, then go to Wireless, and in the wireless menu, choose Restore network Defaults. Once restored, you can go back to the Wireless menu and choose Wireless Setup Wizard.

The Wireless Setup Wizard provides an easy way to set up and manage the wireless connection to your printer.
  1. On the printer control panel, press the Wireless icon , and then press the button next to Settings.
  2. Press the down arrow to scroll to Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.
    The wizard searches for and displays a list of available networks.
  3. Press the down arrow to scroll to the name of your network, and then press OK.
    If the list does not contain your network name, you can enter it manually.
    1. Press the down arrow to scroll to Enter New Network Name, and then press OK.
    2. Press the down arrow to scroll to the appropriate letters or numbers on the on-screen keyboard.
        NOTE:
      You must enter the exact uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters. Otherwise, the wireless connection fails.
    3. When you finish entering the new network name, scroll to Done and press OK.
      The printer attempts to connect to the network.
  4. When prompted, enter the WEP or WPA key.
    1. Press the down arrow to scroll to the appropriate letters or numbers on the on-screen keyboard.
        NOTE:
      You must enter the exact uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters. Otherwise, the wireless connection fails.
    2. When you finish entering the WEP key or WPA key, scroll to Done and press OK to confirm.
      The printer attempts to connect to the network.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.