cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Miniawim04 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP psc 1315 driver for windows 7

Need the driver
0 Kudos
RocFry Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Like others on the forum my printer HP PSC1315 used to work. New PC running Win 7 64 bit. Now can's seem to get driver for it.

Obtained the driver from this link (same as the one shown ) http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-75052-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&... Massive 362 MB download of all other HP ad crap with supposedly tiny driver included. Says its the 1310 series driver when installing but FAILS on bit where detects printer successfully once plugged USB in then dialog "hppsc 1310 series" No Driver Found" but of course continues for ages installing everything else that you then have to uninstall later.

Tried the troubleshooting to no avail. If it's the wrong driver, whats to troubleshoot. I have all latest windows updates, wasted hours on this already. I'm in IT. This driver shouldn't be that hard!! 

Please help HP!

0 Kudos
polkovnikl Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 13 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same issue  with this HP psc 1315 all-in-ones when I use in Windows 7. I was able to fix two Windows 7 PCs but one does not let me print , only scan. Applied all HP tools and it does not help. Any help?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15163 14421 855 2154
Message 14 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to print on one of your computers with your PSC 1315/Windows 7. I understand two Windows 7 computers are working although one is not. I would like to suggest a few things for you to try to help you fix your issue.

Save & Run HP's Print and Scan Doctor - this tool will find and fix common printing problems and will show you where the issue is by presenting a red "X" beside the cause of the issue. Example: "Driver conflict"

If that tool shows an issue, please respond to let me know what you are seeing.

Another suggestion is to "Stop and Start the Print Spooler" - Click here for instructions on how to do that.

I hope this helps, please respond if you would like and I will do my best to help!

Good luckSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
polkovnikl Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 15 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

Service for print spool is on.

The update for drivers went wthout any problems but still no print option.

When I click troubleshot ( yelow triagle on the printer name), the message says hppsc 1310 series driver is not installed. After troubleshot finished, the mesage says hppsc 1310 series does not have a driver.

Regards

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15163 14421 855 2154
Message 16 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the reply with your information, I appreciate it.

I would like to recommend running the Full Feature Driver and Software for the PSC 1315. I have found the driver for you, please click the link below to download and install. If the first link does not work, please try the second link which is the Printer Install Wizard for Windows which will search automatically for the correct software and driver you need. Either of them should work for you.

1. PSC 1315 Full Feature Driver and Software

2. Printer Install Wizard

Good luck to you and feel free to respond to let me know how that worked for you!

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
polkovnikl Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 17 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks you for your suggestion. I tried both utilities before - they run without any errors but it does not solve the issue.

Thank you again

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15163 14421 855 2154
Message 18 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am sorry the issue still persists for you.

As the printer is a USB connection, you could also try using a different USB port on the computer or another USB cable to see if that helps.

Another option would be to fully uninstall the software and driver and restart your computer and reinstall the printer again.

Here is the link to the HP Officejet Software and Driver Removal Utility - I recommend a Level 3 uninstall.

When you resintall the printer, plug in the USB cable and try installing the printer manually.

To manually install a printer driver

• Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
  • Click Add a Device
  • The Computer will search for the printer to add

Feel free to let me know if this works for you or if you run into any other issues and I will do my best to help.

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
polkovnikl Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 19 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Ran the utility for level 3 and after connecting to the printer, PC tried to install the driver

This is the message

Device driver software was not succefully installed

USB Composite Device - Ready to use

USB Printing Support - Ready to use

HP psc 1310 series - Ready to use

hp psc 1310 series(DOT4USB) - Ready to use

IEEE 1284,4 conpatible printer  - Ready to use

hppsc 1310 series - No driver found

Photosmart 1310(DOT4PRINT) - Ready to use

Thank you

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15163 14421 855 2154
Message 20 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

Could you please try running this tool: Diagnose and fix printer and printing problems automatically

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation