cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SATEXAS
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP "Solution Center" for C7280 All in One Printer Software

HP Recommended
C7280 Softwar2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have Windows 10 and there was an update called "Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10" (KB3132372) that caused Solution Center in the C7280 full software not to work.  I deleted the update and the Solution center runs fine.

7 REPLIES 7
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,927 92,534 12,297 26,139
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are many people get this problem. I believe Microsoft will have to fix this. At this stage, please postpone this update.

Note: Microsoft is working with Adobe now:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3132372

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
xsakis
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SATEXAS wrote:

I have Windows 10 and there was an update called "Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10" (KB3132372) that caused Solution Center in the C7280 full software not to work.  I deleted the update and the Solution center runs fine.

I had a problem today with my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3520. Every time i was trying to add my printer, at the setup window the DeviceSetup.exe was crashing. When i uninstalled the KB3132372 windows update, everything worked fine.

Thanks for your posting ,cause i didn't know what the problem was 🙂

greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,475 13,314 1,374 3,617
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum. 

Please find the following relevant video that shows you how to "Uninstall Windows 10 updates" and also to "Hide updates" to prevent Windows from installing the update in future!

Windows 10 - How to Uninstall & Hide updates

https://goo.gl/3tWxyA

Hope that helps!

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
JonW
Level 8
Level 8
750 733 55 247
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

The best solution for the Windows 10 Flash application failure that some people are seeing following Microsoft’s patch (KB 3132372) that was published around the end of 2015 (December 29th)

Run Windows Update (Settings, Update and Security) and check that the update KB3133431 is installed

If you are unclear if the update has been installed

1. Enter "View Installed Updates" in the Windows search bar. It will show an option in the Control Panel.
  2. Click on the shown option.
  3. Scroll down and check if "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3133431)" is installed if not run Windows update

I hope this helps

JonW

I work for HP
Tags (1)
IamaLuddite
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JonW,

I tried to install 3133431 on my W10 machine, but the MS site said the update was only for W8.1

With all the security stuff flying around at the moment, I am most reluctant to uninstall any Windows Update. I don't know enough about what's safe and what isn't to be messing around with this kind of thing.

Cheers

JonW
Level 8
Level 8
750 733 55 247
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi There

@IamaLuddite wrote:

Hi JonW,

I tried to install 3133431 on my W10 machine, but the MS site said the update was only for W8.1

With all the security stuff flying around at the moment, I am most reluctant to uninstall any Windows Update. I don't know enough about what's safe and what isn't to be messing around with this kind of thing.

Cheers

In the 18 months since I suggested this as a possible fix MS has been rolling out Flash Security Patches so the suggested one is very out of date.

I would suggest if you think you are haveing a problem associated with Flash Run Windows Update to check you have all the latest security updates.

JonW

I work for HP
IamaLuddite
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JonW,

I have no issues with Win 10.

I have the latest version, with all the latest updates downloading automatically.

My problem is with Adobe and HP. I would have thought it's up to them to make sure their products are compatible with Win 10. Not the other way round.

Thanks anyway.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation