Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't find a way to reply to some of the other posts on this problem so I'm starting a new thread. I just put a new HP cartridge in and got the reward pop-up. I clicked get reward and it said I wasn't connected to the internet (which I was). I keep getting the pop-up everytime I start the printer. Now it says to click for reward and I get the loading bar and nothing else. This is really starting to get annoying. How can I get rid of this pop-up?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@starwood

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer and after inserting a new genuine HP cartridge a pop up message appeared to claim the reward points but said that the computer is not connected to the internet. Now the pop up keeps appearing and tells to click for reward and I get the loading bar and nothing happens. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I did some research on this case and found that you may make the HP rewards pop up go away:

• Open devices and printers using the control panel. 
  • Right-Click on your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Select printer properties. 
  • Select the ports tab.
  • Uncheck the option on the bottom that says 'Enable bidirectional support' and click on the OK button. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know the results. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

It stopped doing it on it's own so I will try this the next time I put a new cartridge in.

HP Recommended

@starwood

Thanks for letting me know. I hope it stays that way. 🙂

Do keep in touch for any further help. Take care!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.