Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Retired SiobhanF
Retired
1611 30 257
Message 1 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP's Mac Printing Experts here 8-5 Sept. 9th

From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time on Sept. 9, experts from HP’s Mac-connect team will monitor this board to answer printing questions from people who have recently upgraded to Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.

So keep an eye out for:

ScaNGFool

GregCo

HP Mac Architect

MBJustice

IronBadger

DWMacPrint

Wi-Fi-Guy

PrintDoc

Rickster

Laserenvy 

McTester 

They are looking forward to talking with you.

Please note that many of these experts are regular contributors to this board.  They wanted to do something extra to answer people's questions.

**To learn about upcoming HP Expert Day events, click here**

Message Edited by SiobhanF-HP on 09-09-2009 01:27 PM
I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
55 REPLIES
New_macuser_nj Tutor
Tutor
10 0 0
Message 2 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any chance we could get some help sooner?

I need help with a now DOA HP 4215...tried every available driver with it and it won't print. thanks? 

0 Kudos
jbalint Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So...when will there be Snow Leopard drivers/software for the Officejet 5610 All in One??  Are we talking days, weeks, months??  Thanks
0 Kudos
cosmicpop Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think the question that everyone wants answering is something like:

"Will my printer/scanner still be support under Snow Leopard?" 

I bought a HP F2280 and Snow Leopard on the same day.   I knew it was a risk buying a printer on the same day as an OS release.   I also fear that as the F2280 is so cheap (I think I paid £22) that it's not worth fixing from HP's point of view.

The printing is working, but the scanning is not.  

I come from a software QA background.  I suspect most of the printers mentioned on this forum since Snow Leopard has been released have very similar or identical drivers.   I personally think that for most of the printers, there is the same issue affecting them.   This means that HP probably only have to fix this issue "once" and then roll it out across al their affected drivers.

So - I'm holding onto hope that soonish, HP will roll out a load of new drivers for us all.

James 

0 Kudos
Newseditor Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 5 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have an HP F4135 all-in-one used with Mac Mini Intel Core 2 Duo computer. Lost use of my printing/scanning. Used a work around

to get back printing and currently using Image Capture to scan. Unable to use any HP apps for scanning. Will there be an updated driver for HP F4100 series printers in near future, or will I be using Image Capture from now one. It works fine, but just curious.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
ALEX_CANTU Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HELLO, IM FORM MEXICO, SORRY ABAOUT MY GRAMMAR.

I HAVE A HP DESKJET F4140 AND WHEN I TRY TO ADD IT IN CONFIGURATION SAIDS THAT THERE ARE THE DRIVERS TO THIS MODEL, BUT NEVER FINISH THE DOWNLOAD. I CAN SCAN, BUT I CAN´T PRINT. 

EXIST SOME ONE WHO SPEAK SPANISH? JAJAJA

THANKS!! 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
20467 1425 4841
Message 7 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think that you will have to wait for a driver for the F4140.  It will be available soon.  See this document for more information.

Sorry. 

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Newseditor Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 8 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the updated list. Glad to know HP F4100 series will have updates soon.
0 Kudos
vabound Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 9 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Very disappointed that drivers for the p1006 laserjet were not included in the original snow leopard release.  Even more disappointed that 10 days later they are still not available.  No one seems to have an answer.  Can you provide a date when they will be available.
0 Kudos
asuprof Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 56
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I saw an HP site that says new drivers will be available in "a couple of weeks".  Any idea on an exact date?  I'm looking for PSC 1200 and 1400 drivers which are on that list to come out soon.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation