Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 8 (15,151 Views)

HP solution Center fix in windows 8.1

Does HP have a fix for

Windows 8.1 for the Solution Center

Provost
Message 2 of 8 (15,139 Views)

Re: HP solution Center fix in windows 8.1

Hi jr,

I checked both your posts on this subject - neither of which indicate your printer model.

In general the answser is Yes, HP has a fix. 

Whether or not the fix works for you depends in part on whether there is updated software for your printer.

You will need to reinstall a new version of the Full Feature Software from your printer's support page.

After you update the printer software, Restart / Reboot your computer and log in.

Start at

HP Drivers & Downloads

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
Message 3 of 8 (15,119 Views)

how do you connect to printer que for the officejet 8550 a910?

Top Student
Message 4 of 8 (15,100 Views)

Tried that and once I was in the  "Install" part of HP it gave me an error msg that asid it could not find the file or system. I have tried the HP doc and that did not work either. The Wizzard did not work either. My printer is a Photosmart D110a series. Still need help.

Student
Message 5 of 8 (10,902 Views)

hi I have a similiar problem. I have photosmart C6380 - and recently upgraded to windows 8.1 - unistalled according to your directions - and downloaded the device softward from the hp website. while reinstalling getting error file missing errors. 

The printer works - but I need the hp solutions center program to work and appear on my computer. 

Student
Message 6 of 8 (7,994 Views)

I have the same problem.  I have a photosmart C6280 and I am running Windows 8.1.  When I try to re-install the printer software and drivers, I get the same message that it cannot find the system file.

My printer is working, but I do not have the HP Solutions Center installed.

Does anyone know how to fix this.

ty2 Student
Student
Message 7 of 8 (5,555 Views)

this did not work for an HP C7280.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the solution center.

I believe  I wouild be better off with an Epson or Canon printer / AIO device

Honor Student
Message 8 of 8 (5,039 Views)

How do I get my HP solution center (the screen that controls all my print-stuf) back in win 8.1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation