Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP z3200ps Gloss Enhancer Cartridge Issue

HP Recommended

We are having an issue with the gloss enhancer cartridges on our hp z3200ps printer. When we install a new cartridge it initially works, but we've had 3 cartridges that started registering as empty even though they are clearly not anywhere close to being empty...like half full or more. Then, as soon as we put in a new cartridge, the machine works fine. Anyone had any experience with defective cartridges, or do you think this is a printer issue? BTW, I have updated the machine with the latest firmware, and it did not solve the problem.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 6
475 474 25 73
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I doubt it is a defective cartridge because it worked initially right out of the box.  I am guessing there is something wrong with your printer or the gloss enhancer printhead. 

I would remove all the ink cartridges and all the printheads, I would then blot the gloss enhancer printhead onto a cloth soaked in hot water several times to try to clean the nozzles.  I would then reboot the machine and install all inks one at a time to make sure the machine beeps and accepts them.  Next, do the same with the printheads.  Sometimes if the printhead is not outputting enough spray the machine may think the ink cartridge is empty.  Once the machine has booted up, you can go into the menus for the ink cartridges and check out the details on that specific cartridge. 

Highlighted
Author
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wound up having a technician come in. He replaced the gloss enhancer printhead, as well as the ink station. Hopefully that will solve our issues! Thanks for the response!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation