Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 1 (331 Views)

HP1350 Windows XP Uninstall & Reinstall Concerns

I have used my HP1350 all-in-one for several years, and do quite a lot of scanning.  It is installed on my desktop computer, and a few months ago, I also installed it on my laptop. 

Perhaps it is a  coincidence, but I've had chronic problems since then.  One day the printer uninstalled itself from my desktop computer.  I could not find the installation disk, and (stupidly) installed the driver from HP.  It installed the basic driver which does not support the scanner or PDF conversion. 

Since then, I have found the disk, and have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall with the disk.   I  can use some advice about how to start from "scratch" and reinstall the driver and software properly.  I have backed up all of the images in "Image Zone"  to a jump drive, so I'm not concerned about losing them.  Since both of my computers are HP, I'm more concerned with deleting a file that will affect other HP functions.

What needs to be uninstalled before I go through the reinstall process?  Thanks for any advice.  I  don't want to do more damage than has already been done.. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation