cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
djb4napa
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP2610 Ink Cartridge error

I am having problems with my HP All-in-one printer, model 2610.  I just installed a new tricolor ink cartridge and I am now getting the error message "Remove and check color cartridge".  It is a brand new HP brand model 95 cartridge.  I have never used anything but HP products in my printer.  I have tried removing it several times, turning off the power, cleaning the contacts, replacing the cartridge with the old one (that worked!) and I can't get past that message.  I cannot print, fax or scan because of the error message.  Please help!!

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Level 6 KennyB3
Level 6
350 337 28 87
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good afternoon djb4napa,

Sounds like the replacement ink cartridge is bad if the old ink cartridge was put back into the printer and it worked.  The following link will help you with the cartridge problem message you are having.  It looks like you are on solution 4 (contact HP) and solution 5 (print in backup mode).

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00244394

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
0 Kudos
djb4napa
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually I meant to say that it didn't work either (the old one I mean).  Is there something else I can do besides print in backup mode?

0 Kudos
Level 6 KennyB3
Level 6
350 337 28 87
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

djb4napa,

I appreciate the time you are taking to do some troubleshooting with me.

When all else fails we can do the printer resets.

In the online manual for the printer we can see how to do the restore factory settings reset.

Press setup > Press 6 > Press 3

This displays the tools menu.  Select the restore factory defaults.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00241244.pdf

In this link we can see how to perform a partial reset.  Take out the ink cartridges before this one.

Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer while the printer is turned on > wait about 30 seconds > Press and hold the # and the 3 > reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer while still holding the # and 3 buttons > release # and 3 after the printers starts to boot up.  Insert ink cartridges when the printer asks for them.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00060793

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
0 Kudos
djb4napa
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would love to be able to do that but the error message won't let me access the setup feature.  I tried both with and without the cartridge but it just says to either take the cartridge out or put the cartridge back in.  Is there anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
Level 6 KennyB3
Level 6
350 337 28 87
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since the error message won't allow access to the setup feature, try the # 3 reset described above.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
0 Kudos
djb4napa
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

P.S. Tried the partial reset using the old cartridge which had worked before and still came up with the error message.

0 Kudos
djb4napa
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did that and still no success.

0 Kudos
Bernarl
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the very same experience as you with the same printer model. Funny thing is my printer has been working just fine with no changes in the cartridge. Turned it on today and the cartridge error came up.

0 Kudos
Level 6 KennyB3
Level 6
350 337 28 87
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

djb4napa,

After the troubleshooting with the hardware and firmware of the printer there really is a problem.  We could call HP and use the Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges, Printheads, and Related Supplies for troubleshooting and replacement if necassary for the ink cartridge but with a known good cartridge coming up with the error, it's really the printer.  If the printer is out of warranty they might be able to offer you the HP Out of Warranty Support Options for Select HP Consumer Printers* .  There are many ways to contact HP.  The number to call for this is 1-800-474-6836 and select the options for the printer.  This will help with further troubleshooting if needed and/or go straight for a replacement printer.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation